Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Multiplayer

ok just real quick:
    is the multiplayer in the final version like previous versions of UT or is it the same game spy **** that was in the demo?

that is what is keeping me from buying this game, that and the lack of being able to use what ever name you want to use which is really frusterating for people who have used the same user name since 1999.

pretty sure it's gamespy. i logged on with the same name i created in the demo. buy it anyways :P

Comment

i am not going to buy it with the game spy in it, talk about ruining online play.

Comment

yes it has gamespy, and i am using the same game name since 99 so i really don't see what the problem is.

Comment

i cant use the same name because some one is squatting on it but thats not the only problem with game spy.

guess i am not buying it then. might as well delete this account as well

Comment

...Who cares? How does what lets you see the server ruin the game? I like it more; i like only seeing games of a certain game mode, easier sorting. I'm not that lazy to click Back and switch the drop down box. Kind of a silly reason to hate a good game, over a silly server list.

Comment

not just the server list either dude

Comment

Come off it now !
                You're not buying a whole game, you supposedly wanted to play, because you have to change your username somewhat ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dongle View Post
                  not just the server list either dude

Well what else bothers you about it?

Comment

Yeah that's a little ridiculous.

Comment

the multiplayer as a whole blows, connections to any server arent any where near as good as they used to be, tons of blank named servers that are always full in the list the server redirects i know wont be the same the protocols used blow *** on every game spy arcade multiplayer based game.

any ut game before this ran beautifuly online and thats why i liked it so much, any game spy arcade game always and i assume always will run like utter sh*t, the demo sure did and any and all servers.

my end is 5 meg cable with a 60ms response time from where i am at on the west coast to the bombing run server i play ever day in texas, 75ms to the vctf server in new york.

why would you change that and go with some **** multiplayer protocol based off some one elses ****

the ut03 beta demo has a similar situation with online play but when it came it was the regular ut online play like it shoulda been

Comment

Originally posted by Dongle View Post
                        the multiplayer as a whole blows, connections to any server arent any where near as good as they used to be, tons of blank named servers that are always full in the list the server redirects i know wont be the same the protocols used blow *** on every game spy arcade multiplayer based game.

any ut game before this ran beautifuly online and thats why i liked it so much, any game spy arcade game always and i assume always will run like utter sh*t, the demo sure did and any and all servers.

my end is 5 meg cable with a 60ms response time from where i am at on the west coast to the bombing run server i play ever day in texas, 75ms to the vctf server in new york.

why would you change that and go with some **** multiplayer protocol based off some one elses ****
                        Agreed, My Server is out there showing up on the list and it Hangs JUST like the Demo when players trying to connect....

Comment

exactly, that was something i didnt go into detail about but that **** if frusterating as hell, i play this game to release anger not have to create more to try to join a server and just have it say connecting for 5 **** minutes

Comment

any changes?

Comment

Bump...interesting

Comment

Working...
                              X