No announcement yet.

Scored 8.9, could've been higher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the review was spot on, it felt like it was being wrote by a long term hardcore UT player.
    And they said the minigun was overpowereed...w00t!!! you know they looked at the game properly wid a statement like that.

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
      Depends on what game, in Crysis they can overlook horrible AI and the exact same gameplay as Farcry and rave about everything else (Graphics, and errm... graphics...) and still end up with a high score.
      that's because the server browser is better than ut's

and you could say ut has nearly exact the same gameplay as ut99. what's so negative about similar gameplay if it feels right? i hate such complaints.

they probably raved about the cineastic presentation of the game, all about the graphics and the animations/cutscenes/scripted scenes that were great and made it feel intense and the freedom in approaching enemies and the missions.

i saw horrible ai in ut3 too where bots walked against walls, but it doesn't bother me really because it didn't happen frequently.

and i don't care about reviews if i enjoy a game. that will be the same in ut3. the core gameplay is very good, that's the most important. the lackluster ui will not take a big hit on my enjoyment of this game.

edit: typo

Comment

if this game were on steam, i feel there would be a lot of ut core gamers turned off. i would hate that. steam blows.

Comment

Originally posted by Stage View Post
          if this game were on steam, i feel there would be a lot of ut core gamers turned off. i would hate that. steam blows.
          That must be why CS Source and TF2 have such a low number of online player?

Comment

Steam was **** when they released it but now it's fine.
            You obviously don't know what you talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
              Depends on what game, in Crysis they can overlook horrible AI....
              In Crysis enemys would hunt me down. In UT3, I see them just stand and look around at times. UT99 had the best AI of the series, Quake 2 Eraser bot had great AI also.

Comment

Does UT3 seem under people's minds, because I don't even see recent trailers of it on gametrailers. It was not featured on the Christmas trailers of good games to buy, even when it is supposed to have been released today. How could someone possibly ignore the potential of this game?

And why isn't this site updated with new content? It's being released in NA FFS! UT3 deserves to have its own recognition. They need to improve the advertising of this game.

Just wtf is going on with Epic right now?

Comment

If the game were called "Halo Tournament 3" it would have gotten a 9.8 easy.

In any comparison with the AI in UT3 and Crysis one must remember that the objectives of each game's AI is different - UT3 usually has a CP or a flag, Crysis usually had the player as the target.. just a hunch.

Installing game now.. the box sure does smell funny. Aside from that I was confuzzled why there was only 1 dvd holder space in the tin (no kleenex box this time round) until I figured out how to open the other side. The dvds wisely ship in paper sleeves to prevent being rattled loose during shipping. The case slip is really hard to read for my tired eyes, but I bought it already so what is to read? The art book really is hard cover and is about the size of two side by side deck of cards and has concept art and in-game art of each rendering. I think it is something to look at while the game loads.

The meat and taters of the reason I bought the collectors edition is the near steal collection of 3D Buzz tutorials. If they are anything like UT2k4's tutorials, then I am in for a real treat. I am quite curious as to the nomenclature of the history of UT (the game or the game world?).

The game (per the box) requires a hefty 8GB to install, runs on XP SP2 and Vista. The demo ran fine on my Vista rig, so hopefully I'll die a lot just looking at the scenery.

I don't care what the reviews say, most of them never got UT, and I do.

Comment

"For God's sake, Epic, sign up with Games For Windows Live or, better yet, Steam."

Live!? So there can be no dedicated servers at all? like GoW.. Haha ..idiots !

Comment

Originally posted by sushi159 View Post
                      Does UT3 seem under people's minds, because I don't even see recent trailers of it on gametrailers. It was not featured on the Christmas trailers of good games to buy, even when it is supposed to have been released today. How could someone possibly ignore the potential of this game?

And why isn't this site updated with new content? It's being released in NA FFS! UT3 deserves to have its own recognition. They need to improve the advertising of this game.

Just wtf is going on with Epic right now?
                      gametrailers mostly doesn't care to review if it's not on consoles, especially the 360. wait for a review on the ps3 version, if not a bit longer till the 360 version comes out..they didn't even review crysis or world in conflict yet

Comment

Originally posted by hal View Post
                        That's identical to this one, but a tenth of a point lower:
                        http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/pc/game...19115530312073
                        What a **** review...how exactly is the ai atrocious?

The explosions, especially the tank shell, could be alot better imo!

Such random points to pickup on...

Comment

If the "core" UT players would be turned off by Steam, then I say let them because Steam would have been a perfect choice.

Comment

you mean all ten of them? the ut series fans are so fragmented you would be lucky to find ten of them who agree on anything.
                            steam doesnt blow. its works great, and has over 13 million users. not a bad segment of pc gamers to be direct selling to.

Comment

Steam is one of the worst pieces of software I've ever come across and it's owned by one of Epic's main rivals, gl getting UT3 on steam.

Comment

I thought the review was pretty fair Quote:"I'm amazed that such accomplished developers could make such schoolboy errors".

This does seem to be a recurring point. This isn't a pro UT2k4 rant, but it is pretty amazing that they didn't take the things (99+2k4) people agreed worked well, with no complaints from 2k4 and retain/build upon them, in relation to the UI and menu options and HUD. Maybe they'll fix it in a patch. As for the prevalent bot AI criticism, Mr Mike Capps what do you think...??

Comment

Working...
                                X