Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scored 8.9, could've been higher

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=176015

Reading down the list, i think every single negative point was listed a huge number of times as a flaw in the feedback section.

Sure, you can just wait for a patch, but releasing a game with such obvious errors is going to **** off a lot of reviewers. It's great that the core game is awesome, and 8.9 is a **** good score, but this game had the potential to really hit high, and it's a shame you weren't given time to do that:

For God's sake, Epic, sign up with Games For Windows Live or, better yet, Steam. This cobbled-together GameSpy abomination is simply pathetic.
    I'm ranting pretty hard about this because I'm amazed that such accomplished developers could make such schoolboy errors
    Hopefully some other reviews will look past the interface etc...
    Reviews are always going to find something to complain about, I just wish you'd given them a few less obvious choices.

This cobbled-together GameSpy
    It's not cobbled together - it's only what the server browser uses. (and the login system)

Comment

Lol they want window live or steam? out of the coals and into the fire, brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by Destini View Post
        Reviews are always going to find something to complain about, I just wish you'd given them a few less obvious choices.

Why would they ignore the glaring issues with the game? To inflate the score? They are reviewing the game, it is their job to complain about stuff like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Destini View Post
          To the contrary, reviewers mostly will ignore issues and augment the merits unlimited.

Comment

Only PC Gamer matters

Comment

That's identical to this one, but a tenth of a point lower:
              http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/pc/game...19115530312073

Comment

if the server browser in the demo is anythign to go by then they should go and play play halo with the rest of the kindergarden!

It is by far the fastest way into a game to date! It cuts out all the **** that seems to have found its way into overcomplicated server browsers since consoles went online and soiled the minds of developers.

I have Gears and Shadow run and if Epic forced me to go through games for windows live I would have been very very dissapointed! Thank god Microsft did not publish this title! we would have had to pay for 70% of the online features!

Comment

Originally posted by [uMA]Decayed View Post
                  Why would they ignore the glaring issues with the game? To inflate the score? They are reviewing the game, it is their job to complain about stuff like that.
                  not really sure why you posted that tbh.

Comment

Depends on what game, in Crysis they can overlook horrible AI and the exact same gameplay as Farcry and rave about everything else (Graphics, and errm... graphics...) and still end up with a high score.

Comment

Well all these reveiw scores seem to be quite generous imo. My opinion is that UT3 is just not of the quality of game one would expect from the pro dev's at EMG. The game seems to lack the style and basic fundamentals that fans have come to appreciate and expect from the series. To many decisions were made that make absolutely no sence for the PC platform that hurt and/or even cripple the game all together. The game should be reviewed in its current state, and in its current state many of the reviews out are simply overrated imo. People seem to think "eh they'll patch it and it'll be all good" which they will, and members of the community will improve upon it even moreso, but it doesn't change the fact that many of the issues from beta were ignored resulting in an unfinished product.

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
                        Depends on what game, in Crysis they can overlook horrible AI and the exact same gameplay as Farcry and rave about everything else (Graphics, and errm... graphics...) and still end up with a high score.
                        You must of been playing on noob mode. I beat the game on Delta and the A.I. is far from "horrible."

Comment

tbh, if interface, campaign, gamespy is what reviewers have to point as negative in ut3, that's pretty good news.

i think reviewers go along with the hype too much, many ppl felt really dissapointed by crysis, fear, even farcry, and those games got very high ratings in most magazines/websites. sometimes though, they moan a lot for nothing special really, seems to be the case here.

Comment

If the core gameplay, maps, bot AI, gametypes etc are there, that's all I care about.

A real SP campaign is a nice touch....but from what I'm hearing about it, it sounds tacked on, and maybe not even worth playing.

Comment

I don't get why people complain about the integrated GameSpy.

BF2 and 2142 use it, and I find it to be ok. At least whenever you register with the Battlefield games, UT3, and Neverwinter Nights, it doesn't minimize your game, make you type in your full name address and all that ****, make you confirm your email, and then let you play.

Plus the server browsing is pretty intuitive from my uses...

Comment

Working...
                              X