ATI X800 Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATI X800 Pro

hi everyone, my old video card was an ati x800 pro 256mb 256-bit. i installed it in my dad's computer and when i was home a few weeks back i tried playing ut3 on it, and the graphics looked more like original ut. all blocky and stuff. i'm pretty sure i had the catalyst 7.10 drivers (i think that was the newest at the time, now maybe 7.11).

anyway i'm curious to know if anyone else had these problems, and if there is some sort of fix for it. possibly just an update or change in config files... it's on an alright system which can handle it (i know the system isnt amazing, but it should be fine with lower settings). amd athlon 64 3000+ (1.8 ghz), asus a8v-e deluxe mobo, with 1 gb of ram (i believe it is pc3200 if that sounds right, but don't quote me on that one). any ideas of what i can do to try and fix it? when i go home, i'll re-check the drivers to make sure it's all up to date, but like i said, it was at 7.10 drivers. i'd rather just play on that computer than drag my computer home for 2 or 3 days. thanks in advance for any responses.

hmm, i have a x800 pro and it's working fine with UT3. in my rig ut3 usually defaults settings to 800x600 res with 3 world detail and 3 texture detail, but i've seen it go crazy one time and default to 640x480 with 2 text and 1 world and 50% screen percentage which produces really BAD graphics. check how the video settings are in ut3

Comment

yeah its probably that screen percentage ****. Why they decided to include that **** in the options makes no sence. There a far better ways to adjust a game for performace than making it look like duke nukem 3d and 2d sprites. Game runs good on my x850 with low settings and high resolution, also with all that blur and other junk disabled that have no place being in DM maps anyway.

Comment

Check your Screen Resolution settings. Even if they are set up to 1024x768 or higher you may notice this problem if you screen percentage is set lower than 100%. It's a setting in your video (can't remember if its in the advanced tab or not). That screen percentage actually lowers the game's rendering level to a resolution lower than your game resolution is actually running at. In other words, if your res is set to 800x600 in game and you have the screen percentage set to 50%, it will LOOK like your running it 400x300...and it WILL look very pixely and blocky. When I started playing with these settings I got UT3 to look about like the original DOOM by moving a slider bar (fun!).

Comment

hey thanks for the replies. haha scuzzbuster now that you say that, that is exactly what it was like. original doom. all blocky and sh*t. and i know other people were using the 800 and 850 and playing with alright framerates, so i'll check it out tomorrow when i head up there.

Comment

Working...
          X