The reason there is a story in UT 3!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reason there is a story in UT 3!!

Well, I just finished the campaign. The story is pretty mediocre... HOWEVER, it is not tacked on, there is a reason for it; the ending obviously, and to the extreme, sets it up for an expansion pack.

So, now we know why there is a story to UT III, to justify an expansion which will have the content that should have been in UT III from the beginning. I'm sorry, but I can't believe that this game is actually has less content than UT2k4, how did it go backwards?

Extremely crappy menus... like four sliders with no description and I have to click through 234234234234 windows to get to what I want; THANK YOU VERY MUCH CONSOLES! I have an X360, but seriously it's starting to get very annoying when PC games' menus are being decapitated. I want a menu for video settings where I can adjust everything so I don't have to go into the .ini files. The bloom effect is so horrible that my eyes hurt by even having it on, turned it off after 20 minutes and the game instantly looks sharper and more colorful.

Maybe this post sounds a really negative I don't want to leave with an impression, especially on the devs, that this is a bad game; on the contrary it's a great game well worth my money like UT2k4 and these small things will definitely get fixed in up-coming patches, my greatest dissapiontment is the prospect of a expansion pack, which the story nicely set you up for, I wish it was like the old UT days when all post-release content was free.

I hate a story that makes it bloody obvious there will be a expansion/sequel, it's nice if there is more of the story to explore in a later installment but finishing on a down note and cliff hanger is stupid story telling, you don't feel fulfilled instead you wonder what happens and you feel bummed about the sad ending.

Comment

I thought there was a story in UT3 because they didn't want to make an Unreal 3.. Honestly I don't know the point of the story...

Street Fighter tried to make a story too in the Street Fighter movie... Mortal Kombat as well.... Both flops.... Lets face it.. UT is just like any other arena fighter.. the "tournament" part was just added on to "Unreal" to signify that it was a spin off of the "Unreal 1" game.

Now it just took off into its own game... so let it be something fun like Running Man!

Comment

Originally posted by KewlAzMe View Post
        Street Fighter tried to make a story too in the Street Fighter movie
        The real Street Fighter II movie (anime) wasn't a flop, but that crazy american movie was. And SF always tried (and failed) to have a story, it didn't start with that movie.[/OT]

Move along.

Comment

Anime.... can't wait till that fad is dead.. talk about just bad unoriginal characters and story lines

Street fighter is a game... an arena fighter... thats it.

Comment

Anime.... can't wait till that fad is dead.. talk about just bad unoriginal characters and story lines

Street fighter is a game... an arena fighter... thats it.
            Fad?
            A strong going fad since the 1940's then. Lots and lots of animes are really bad and fit your view of it I agree, but don't generalize like that man.

This thread is not about Japanese cartoons. PM me if you desperately need to talk about it further.

Comment

Anime.... can't wait till that fad is dead..
              It's huge in Asia, gl with that one.

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
                It's huge in Asia, gl with that one.
                We have our next target..... BOOM

Plus over there its just Cartoons... its like Looney Toons or Tom & Jerry to us.. but over the years the hair just gets spikier, the animals get weirder, and the ninja/sword/war action gets repetitive... And the "shaky" scenes.. cool in Voltron... but needed to stop there.

Give me a duck getthing his beak blown off or a coyote with a rocket strapped to his *** any day.

now.. to casually run away from another Anime war...

Perhaps the story should be simple as it used to be... "Aliens are attacking.... the leader of the Resistance, Malcolm, comes to help BROCK kick some Krall/Skaarj butt before the Queen comes down.

I think if they want a story then they need to up the ante and add some real bosses. Towards the end you should have to fight a titan or a queen.

Comment

Seems you haven't seen much Anime, there is plenty of good stuff with a lot more depth and visuals than "Loony toons" Not all of it is DBZ:esc.

Comment

Originally posted by pdvinenz View Post
                    I'm sorry, but I can't believe that this game is actually has less content than UT2k4, how did it go backwards?
                    UT2004 was a step up from UT2003 which missed many features and maps. I have not played it in a long time and do not remember exactly what maps it was missing but it did not have Assault or Onslaught gametypes. Epic cannot just pull a bunch of maps out of their ***. If they did then the other parts of the game would suffer alot.

The main reason for the single player in UT3 is because Epic is not going to make a Unreal 3 game. From the sounds it is not as good as Unreal or Unreal 2 so hopefully they do a expansion/bonus pack and add a whole lot more to it. I want a good solid single player game with a good solid multiplayer game like the first Unreal provided back in 1998.

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
                      Seems you haven't seen much Anime, there is plenty of good stuff with a lot more depth and visuals than "Loony toons" Not all of it is DBZ:esc.
                      That may be, but its all that makes it to mainstream...
                      a Pokeman, a dragonball, and a naruto, and a bleach, and some cowboy bebop (don't even get me started with a Japanese show using the word "Cowboy").. yea thats pretty much it.

BTW what makes it "Anime" ? is it the fact that it is from Japan? or is it the cartoon style of spikey haired 7yr olds with 10 foot swords saving the world from 400 yr old Evil lords?

Comment

What mainstream anything is worth your while?

Comment

Kewl, I agree with everything you said. Dude, I never got into this anime stuff. Our kids no longer want to see the cartoons we used to see. Now its all (Insert any spikey headed-sword wielding-animal collecting-magic thowing-robot riding anime character.) Its all the same with anime. They never make anything different. Plus, whats up with those weird (I guess they're emotion animations?) when their eyes gets big, their face gets inflated, and I guess its a throbbing vien in their head. Every anime does that! Whats up with that?

Comment

Can we at least wait until there is an expansion pack announced officially by Epic before we criticise them for adding a storyline purely for cash-in purposes?

Comment

Originally posted by Malakai View Post
                              Kewl, I agree with everything you said. Dude, I never got into this anime stuff. Our kids no longer want to see the cartoons we used to see. Now its all (Insert any spikey headed-sword wielding-animal collecting-magic thowing-robot riding anime character.) Its all the same with anime. They never make anything different. Plus, whats up with those weird (I guess they're emotion animations?) when their eyes gets big, their face gets inflated, and I guess its a throbbing vien in their head. Every anime does that! Whats up with that?

I thought GoW was the "story-based" game and UT was just merging over the war guys as characters into the tournament.

Comment

Working...
                              X