Why pre-order online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why pre-order online?

Lots of people don't live close to a store that would sell UT3, given, but is seems like a much much larger percentage of people pre-ordered online for home delivery than people who pre-ordered in a store.

If you have a store near you, i.e. BB, Gamestop, target, etc, isn't it easier and more reliable to pre-order from them and then pick it up?

What's the deal with online pre-ordering, assuming you want to pre-order?

In my case... they don't seem to stock the CE where I live. So I ordered it in the UK and it's cheaper also !

Comment

i live close to a gamestop i preorder from them.. i got a call few hours ago saying i can pick it up tomorrow noon.

Comment

When preordering from stores, they never seem to have it on the release date.
        Preordering online is just convenience, you dont have to call ahead or show up to find out it isnt in stock. It just arrives when it arrives.

You wont get it first, but you wont have to waste your time.

With that said though, I "preordered" a few days ago. When you preorder online, you are pulling from a larger distribution. If you preorder in a store, it can play out as a waiting list game. Im also not too sure if places take preorders a few days before release.(I dont preorder many games, I just remember doing this for an n64)

That and..us big kids arent too keen on showing up at game stores.

Comment

I like knowing it will be there when I go to get it,(no delayed shipping/backorder/waiting a week to get it) and since I work right across the highway from Gamestop, I just trot on over during my lunch break to pick it up. No shipping fees!

Comment

Originally posted by ScottUT View Post
            That and..us big kids arent too keen on showing up at game stores.
            You could always say it's a gift for your grandson like I do.

I turn the game down to 10% of normal speed because of my arthritic fingers.

Comment

I will never preorder again. I preordered back in October, and thought I would have the game yesterday. Now I see the game out in stores, and where is my game? Amazon says it won't be delivered until next Monday!! I feel that a customer who preorders should get advanced release. After all, we are making it easier for the company to know how many to make! If they sold out in preorder they could always make more!.. Never again.. first EA with 2142, now Epic and UT.. I am very disappointed.

Comment

I preorder online because i live in the Scottish Borders and there really isnt a main game store in my town and i cant rely on the shops here (most dont even stock games for some consoles never mind the PC) plus its easier because you dont need to find out when its going to arrive, it will arrive whenever the post man gets to ya. Im just hoping i recieve my CE by friday, im sure i cant possibly have the same ****up happen again... I ordered Hellgate London, was due for release on the 2nd of november and i didnt recieve it (lost in the mail most likely) but because play.com wont allow you to get a replacement or refund for 21 days ive had to wait till today to get them to process a refund, so ill be picking that up tomorrow as the shop local to me has it in now for £1 more than play but i wont have to wait 3-5 working days for delivery, atleast ill have 2 games to play this week, even if one is possibly the most buggy game ever to have been created, No im not talking about UT3.

Really looking forward to getting my hands on UT3 .

Comment

Working...
                X