What's up with the washed out effect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's up with the washed out effect?

Why did Epic feel the need to use the wash out effect? I'd liked the color of the previous Unreal games, and this look doesn't add anything at all. Just takes away. This isn't Gears of War. Don't get me wrong though, the game does look amazing, this is just my graphical pet peeve.

I know what you mean but with some ini changes you can put it some what to what your used to. But epic you are making me hurt slowly inside...

Comment

Yeah the bloomy washed-out effect is really really ugly... almost as ugly as the menus...

Comment

I really do have to agree, washed out is my pet peeve too, but I'm sure there's a way to change it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Marauder View Post
          Yeah the bloomy washed-out effect is really really ugly... almost as ugly as the menus...
          Ya, but without it it looks like UT2005

Comment

true. still, it does look kinda washed out... and the colours are really weak

Comment

I have no problems. By washed out, do you mean motion blur? If thats what your talking about try turing the world detail to 4 instead of 5. All this does is get rid of the motion blur.

Comment

i love the art...

Comment

Originally posted by Ozz_of_war View Post
                  i love the art...
                  I wish the characters didn't look like stubby little dwarves.

Comment

i dont mind the "effect" it adds flavor and sets the mood that the ut3 team wants it in, whatever that may be.. (read some interviews)..

but yes those dwarves.. either they made all their models to small, or set the viewpoint too high.. and if its set lower.. then everything is so much bigger heh.. lets hope its as simple as a scaling command.. otherwise were stuck with it..

Comment

I can't find anything wrong with the way UT3 looks. I like it all.

Comment

i like it all, but then again i have the demo. all i meant was shangrila and suspense look a bit... washed out, not very richly coloured.

Comment

Just wait for a mutator that replaces the shading algorithms...

It can fix instant action, but not multiplayer, sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by Elis View Post

but yes those dwarves.. either they made all their models to small, or set the viewpoint too high.. and if its set lower.. then everything is so much bigger heh.. lets hope its as simple as a scaling command.. otherwise were stuck with it..
                            I don't mean the eye level thing, I mean just the design of the models. They're so bulky it looks silly, IMO. Ever see that scene from the movie A Christmas Story where the mom makes the kid wear that huge overstuffed snow suit, and he falls on his back and can't get up again? I'm surprised the UT guy can stand back up after feigning death or being knocked off his tonyhawkboard.

Comment

Washed out as in, there are very few colors, and what is there looks washed out. For example, like you've put a shirt through the washer way too many times and its color fades. Just, come on. Hell, play the garden map. Does that look like a friggen' garden to you? No. It looks like a piece of ****. That's just the perfect example.

Comment

Working...
                              X