Will my upcoming computer run UT3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will my upcoming computer run UT3?

I will get this computer next week, and my question is kinda simple... will it run UT3?

Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0Ghz
    4x 1024MB DDR2 800Mhz
    Gefore 8800Gtx 768Mb PCIe

What kinda settings will i be able to run it in? Low? Medium? Max?

UT3 looks amazing and im thinking of ordering it, peace!

Well... I believe you will pretty much run it at max settings...

Comment

Dude, your settings are probably better than mine. So yes, you should be able to run at max settings, smoothly.

Comment

I hate these threads. Yes your computer will run it and yes it will be overshadowed in 3 months by something twice as fast for just as much as you paid for it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Chromatik View Post
          I hate these threads. Yes your computer will run it and yes it will be overshadowed in 3 months by something twice as fast for just as much as you paid for it now.
          Seconded - we don't care what rig you're gonna buy, it'll run it decently anyway if you pick anywhere near recent hardware.

Comment

You'll tear through UT3 like a knife through hot butter. See you online! You'll find me whoring it out in Deck by the weekend.

Comment

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Nvidi...on-62786.shtml

The 9800 is coming......

Edit: I'm wrong. I feel a little silly. Then again if you wait long enough, maybe I'll be right.....

Comment

Will run it on Max, no worries!

Comment

Originally posted by VonFIDDE View Post
                  I will get this computer next week, and my question is kinda simple... will it run UT3?

4x 1024MB DDR2 800Mhz

Somone wants to brag about their new pc, Hmmm wonder if mine will also handle it also.

Comment

It's pretty obvious you didn't build that rig yourself, otherwise you would have known that's pretty much a very high-end rig that can run anything right now. So yes, you can run UT3 just fine. If you want to be sure, try the demo.

Comment

4x 1024MB DDR2 800Mhz

Quite a silliy question. The only game that system can't run on absolute max would be Crysis.

Comment

4x 1024MB DDR2 800Mhz

Another thing, lol what do u need 4 gigs for, surly it not for gaming?
                        You do Video editing or 3d design or somthing?

Comment

Yes its a prebuilt computer, and im lacking knowledge about whats hot and not when it comes to computers. Why i was scared was that a friend told me about a videocard called gerforce 8800 ultra and told me that it was way better and new. Also ive been trying to find info about quad and such, but i did a rookie thingy talkt to the salesman and he thought a duo would fit me better. Im sorry if this lookt like some sort of braging show, there was plenty of more expensive computers in that shop so.

Anyway thanks for the nice feedback, i will without doubt buy UT3 then.

Comment

Yes its a prebuilt computer, and im lacking knowledge about whats hot and not when it comes to computers. Why i was scared was that a friend told me about a videocard called gerforce 8800 ultra and told me that it was way better and new. Also ive been trying to find info about quad and such, but i did a rookie thingy talkt to the salesman and he thought a duo would fit me better. Im sorry if this lookt like some sort of braging show, there was plenty of more expensive computers in that shop so.

Anyway thanks for the nice feedback, i will without doubt buy UT3 then.
                            That sytem is great, get it.
                            But you dont need 4 gigs. If you have money to blow..then go for it
                            and in the long run it might help you out

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
                              Actually, no its not. The "G92" referenced in that article is actually the 8800GT. That was from an Inquirer rumour like -- last May.

Also -- about these threads... you know, I know... your computer will run the game. You have the demo to show you that it'll run the game. Please, don't brag about your computer... put it in your sig.

Comment

Working...
                              X