Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux-installer.sh

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by McFlow View Post
    As soon as the linux-installer is released I will get UT3. But not earlier.
    Me too.

    I hope the GNU/Linux client will be available before christmas...

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by pr0 View Post
      In this situation i'm not sure if i will... all windows users will be advanced and linux users newbies...
      I'm not sure if you are referring to the skill of the people when they play the game - or their technical knowledge. But just b/c somebody knows windows or linux - doesn't make either superior to the other.

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by thebl4ckd0g View Post
        I'm not sure if you are referring to the skill of the people when they play the game - or their technical knowledge. But just b/c somebody knows windows or linux - doesn't make either superior to the other.
        I guess he meant that windows users were getting a head-start since they could practice the whole time until the release of the linux version - i.e. if linux users don't happen to have a windows box around somewhere they'll start off as UT3 noobs against the (now more) experienced windows gamers...

        Comment


          #19
          I've just ditched Windows knowing a linux installer will come, thanks again to EPIC for the support, at least they do the right thing regardless of which graphics API dominates the gaming industry.

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by Leak View Post
            I guess he meant that windows users were getting a head-start since they could practice the whole time until the release of the linux version - i.e. if linux users don't happen to have a windows box around somewhere they'll start off as UT3 noobs against the (now more) experienced windows gamers...
            Exactly. I've experienced this with 2k4 which I didn't play from the very beginning (it was too expensive). I decided not to do this mistake again and I will not. I start now or I don't play it at all.

            Comment


              #21
              Why are two of my posts will be deleted if i say that: i will buy UT III, only when there will be good news for Linux?

              Comment


                #22
                Patience is a virtue, but I do think it's frustrating to have the client held up over legal sh¡t. Needing time to code it is one thing - having a lawyer tell you the code's bad is just annoying.

                If this is anything to do with GPL, I'm stabbing RMS -_-

                Anywho, I still don't have a computer powerful enough to run the game. If I manage to find a job and save up that $1200 and put together my new PC before the linux client is released, I'll complain more <_< I already have UT3, having won it in an IRC contest. I just need the computer and the client ^^

                Edit: Just read the Phoronix article. Sorry, RMS.

                *re-directs his stabbin' knife at Ageia*

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by Ceil View Post
                  If this is anything to do with GPL, I'm stabbing RMS -_-
                  Whoa - careful there...

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by Leak View Post
                    xkcd is win

                    Comment


                      #25
                      So is there any official information so far... (besides the "we might make it for LINUX")
                      Do the developers even post info or status reports?

                      In my opinion, based on the lack of information. We will not see a LINUX client arround X-mas. And that said, I have seen nothing more to calm me down so my guess is that it will not be out at all.

                      Yes I am worried.

                      Cr0n3

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by Cr0n3 View Post
                        So is there any official information so far... (besides the "we might make it for LINUX")
                        Do the developers even post info or status reports?

                        In my opinion, based on the lack of information. We will not see a LINUX client arround X-mas. And that said, I have seen nothing more to calm me down so my guess is that it will not be out at all.

                        Yes I am worried.

                        Cr0n3
                        Judging by the fate of other threads on this subject, when WarTourist (Jeff Morris, iirc) wakes up, he's going to lock this thread and post a link to the FAQ sticky, which only says that they plan to make a linux and mac port, with no details about either.

                        Edit: The relevant part from the FAQ, which is all the "official" info I've seen about a linux client:

                        Q: Will there be a linux or Mac version of UT3?
                        A: We are currently working on a linux UT3 client that players will be able to use with the retail Windows version. As soon as it's available we'll announce it here. Work is also being done on a Mac retail version of UT3.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          I understand that obviously, however I am simply asking for any form of ETA or similar. Until then I will lay back and keep an eye on the forums.

                          Cr0n3

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by Ceil View Post
                            Q: Will there be a linux or Mac version of UT3?
                            A: We are currently working on a linux UT3 client that players will be able to use with the retail Windows version. As soon as it's available we'll announce it here. Work is also being done on a Mac retail version of UT3.
                            Thanks Ceil!

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X