X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux-installer.sh

Hey,

I lived what epic did to UT2004: the linux installer.
    Does anybody know if epic will also support linux for UT3?

Thanks

Originally posted by fraksken View Post
    Hey,

I lived what epic did to UT2004: the linux installer.
    Does anybody know if epic will also support linux for UT3?

Thanks
    Support will be there, but the game will not ship with it. It will be released later (we don't know the exact date).

Comment

Thats good enough for me.
      I doubted it would be shipped with it since the release seemed a bit pushed, supposedly by midway...

Comment

http://www.linuxhardware.org/article.../11/21/0433201

Comment

Oh.

****, thats a shame. Guess my Linux buddies are gonna have to wait a bit longer.

Comment

As soon as the linux-installer is released I will get UT3. But not earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by McFlow View Post
              As soon as the linux-installer is released I will get UT3. But not earlier.
              In this situation i'm not sure if i will... all windows users will be advanced and linux users newbies...

Comment

I haven't understood (I'm french and I don't understand english well) dies UT3 runs under GNU/Linux OS or not??

Comment

Originally posted by geekaume View Post
                  I haven't understood (I'm french and I don't understand english well) dies UT3 runs under GNU/Linux OS or not??
                  Not yet, as the link somewhere above explains, it's held up for non technical reasons by bureaucratic fu.cks. I mean, legal department.
                  As I understand it, some piece of code is apparently causing some legal issue and could be replaced on the server, but not on the client.

Comment

Not currently geekaume, no.

Comment

Thank you very much for porting this grate game on Linux!

I bought the Special Edition (windows) since i hear there will be a Linux-Installer.
                      Don't know why i have not to buy this before the installer is coming out. Its a grate game. The same was with UT 2004. I buy the special edition, just because the company support gaming on Linux!!

Hope the legal issues won't take so long!

Regards Chris

Comment

Glad someone posted a link to this before it became an Epic bash fest for not supporting linux RIGHT NOW.

There was a four page thread the other day of Epic bashing over linux support...and I posted a link to this story. No on in the whole thread had any idea.

Comment

Epic bash... this sounds really hard!

Ok i am a tad disappointed that it takes more time. But this is kismet. Epic say at first "sorry the installer isn't inside the box" and its ok.

Because i can play ETQW for the time i waiting on UT3, but after i see the making of Video this is really hard, i WANT play this! It a large jump better then the low-resolution youtube files or the two movies from unrealtournament3.com.

Back to the installer! I have time. The good thing is that i get the linux-installer with the first patches. Windows users are precious guinea pigs. (Just a joke i will not confirm that the game is in a beta-state!)

Epic made great work! There is no reason for bashing them. I like them because they produce Multi-Platform-Games which run under Linux too. I don't know why so much game developers depending on M$ with them DirectX.

hickeroar, did you meanthis link (esreality.com)?

Comment

"...and that there is no client ETA at present". I remember mohaa and aarmy were delayed not long after.
                            Phoronix has an interesting article

Comment

if they wait till xmas with linux servers peeps will stick on cod4/crysis mp(me too)-we release a game without linux server support-greatest mistake ever

Comment

Working...
                              X