Catalyst 7.11 just in time for UT3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by martinblank View Post
    This hotfix is mainly for crysis performance and bug fixes. The HD2000 and HD3000 cards are already very good in Unreal Engine 3 games. But we'll see with the official release which is due out on the 21st.
    That "hotfix" is in fact 7.11 driver. Probably beta who knows, but i do know they work fine.
    And no major proformance increase with UT3.
    But its a different story with Call of duty 4, on my end

But like Mouton said we should expect somthing for UT3 in the 7.12 series

Originally posted by [Duke] View Post
    It ain't an official version, right?
    Is it only for Crysis? More infos about this update would be nice Thank's!
    I would think they are beta because they are not posted in ATI driver section.

Even if they are beta, ATI released these a couple days ago.
    And the official are due out anytime now. So i wouldnt expect much of a change if any, from the two.

also what info do u want? Here is the driver info
    http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/4976/84255685jv4.jpg

Comment

I'll wait for the Omega drivers based on these. Definitely worth using if you've got a lower end machine.

Comment

Oh well, I won't take the risk to install "outdated/beta" drivers if the 7.11 are out tomorow. We are almost in December so they should be ready really soon.

Even if it would bring good optimisations for UT3, there is no way it would turn my 20-30fps on my X1950XT 256MB into 50-60fps lol.

Comment

Yeah, as far as i'm concerned, the Omega drivers never helped me that much compared with Catalyst ones. No major differences to be honest.
          So 7.11 (official) or 7.12 (don't know how its gonna be called) will be out 2 days before the ut3 release? How can ATI work on something that need to be fixed (ut3 gfx/fps issues) if the game ain't released? Ok if they're working on the German version, but still... I doubt the new ATI drivers will fix our problem, especially for these (me) who got an agp card. I guess it rather worth a try for pci-e users. Hope i'm wrong anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Giblet View Post
            I'll wait for the Omega drivers based on these. Definitely worth using if you've got a lower end machine.
            They used to be good with the older catalyst versions ... now they kind of suck. Missing features, strange unexplained problems and no real performance boost.

Comment

Will this help my FPS at all if I have an x800 xl? Or will these only help newer cards?

Comment

Originally posted by btcomm View Post
                Will this help my FPS at all if I have an x800 xl? Or will these only help newer cards?
                Probably not in UT3, i didnt notice much on my x1950
                I did noticed an improvment in a couple other game call of duty 4 and blacksite area51

Comment

Originally posted by mnz View Post
                  are they working fine with the last AGP-cards? the last 3 drivers didn't.
                  The 7.10 works fine with my AGP card. But u cannot install it over the old driver. The Last 6 Drivers from ATI are bull****... And some of them are gettin really crazy with x19xx AGP cards. But the 7.10 works in most ways, now....

Comment

Originally posted by [FfFC]_-(MAD)-_ View Post
                    The 7.10 works fine with my AGP card. But u cannot install it over the old driver. The Last 6 Drivers from ATI are bull****... And some of them are gettin really crazy with x19xx AGP cards. But the 7.10 works in most ways, now....
                    Your not suppost to install new driver over the old ones, your suppost to uninstall the old before you install the new.

Comment

Originally posted by exil3 View Post
                      Your not suppost to install new driver over the old ones, your suppost to uninstall the old before you install the new.
                      No. Its a must that it has to work without uninstall and drivercleaner. Its has to be uninstalled automatically without such problems. And: its a problem of new AGP cards from ATI. PCie will run fine. on 7.9 or 7.8 on X1XXX AGP cards you wont see desktop icons and some GUI- graics, because the driver is faulty. On 7.10 now there are some 2D functionalitys integrated wich will accelerate Aplha-blended windows from more than one source. Windows media player (with visualisation on) and miranda sidebar at the same time will
                      give you a 2FPS stuttering in windows with older drivers on these cards. Buggy as hell.

Comment

Would these help an x800 xl vid card?

Comment

Working...
                        X