Catalyst 7.11 just in time for UT3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catalyst 7.11 just in time for UT3

Found them in a forum guess sapphire released them, not to worry there legit not sure if their beta of not. They work fine im using visiontek and they install as radeon drivers not sapphire.
    I installed them and sure enough they show up in the Catalyst control center as 7.11 ran a quick match in UT3 and they work fine.

http://www.sapphiretech.com/en/driverfiles/384.zip *windows xp32/64*
    http://www.sapphiretech.com/en/driverfiles/383.zip *windows vista32/64*

Here is the thread i found them on
    http://forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?t=204771

Thanks, guess we will see it in matters of days on the official ati site. I wonder if it mostly includes fixes for Crysis or also UT3 as it just came out and I doubt they had the time to do much with the german version (a week).

Comment

There isnt any issues with ati and ut3. Ati users users have been waiting patiently for these for all around better proformance.
      so far so good on my end

Comment

Nothing changed for me...
        Still low fps with my ATI x1950 512Mo (AGP 8x)

Comment

my fps are still about 6-12 depending, but I have an old crapy system

Comment

nothing will change this: get a 8800GT/GTS/GTX or the ATi HD 3870 :>

Comment

are they working fine with the last AGP-cards? the last 3 drivers didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by mnz View Post
                are they working fine with the last AGP-cards? the last 3 drivers didn't.
                At this moment im using my agp x1950 pro, no problems on my end. though the only driver i ever had issues with, were the 7.8 and the missing destop icons.

Comment

What I don't understand is why my fan speed never changes... (CPU temp always low).

Comment

Originally posted by MaRuXeLo View Post
                    What I don't understand is why my fan speed never changes... (CPU temp always low).
                    Whats your system specs and u say running low, whats the temp and fan rpm's
                    were talking about your cpu rite, not gpu?

Comment

yeah GPU, sorry.

P4 HT 3GHz
                      1Go RAM
                      ATI x1950 PRO 512Mo AGP8x

Comment

This hotfix is mainly for crysis performance and bug fixes. The HD2000 and HD3000 cards are already very good in Unreal Engine 3 games. But we'll see with the official release which is due out on the 21st.

Comment

Originally posted by martinblank View Post
                          But we'll see with the official release which is due out on the 21st.
                          Umm isn't it suppose to be November 19th? If yes then it's out since 37min even though EB Game's store isn't open at midnight lol.

Originally posted by MaRuXeLo View Post
                          Use Ati Tray Tool to customize your fan speed. I've set my X1950XT so I never hear it while on the desktop and I barrely hear it while gaming. Over 50% it starts to get annoying.

Of course the 7.11 are only for Crysis "include the so called Hotfix" and still you shouldn't hope for any miracle like +10fps boost. The drivers optimised for UT3 will be at the earliest, 7.12 but by then I'm pretty sure I'll have changed my card for the new 8800GTS 512Mb (rev2) at 300$.

Comment

It ain't an official version, right?
                            Is it only for Crysis? More infos about this update would be nice Thank's!

Comment

The ati cards (well the HD2900 and HD3870 series anyway) are competitive with the 8800 Ultra in UT3 already, so I don't see a real need for more optimizations though it would be nice.

The 7.11 cats are not JUST for crysis, though they fix the problems in crysis with ati cards. They also seem to increase performance across the board. We'll have to wait for the official release to know everything, they are due on the 21st.

Comment

Working...
                              X