UT3 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 question

I'm kinda new to UT series and have never played a UT game b4 but I am getting UT3 for PS3. I'm wondering what exactly is a mutator.

an addon on that changes a feature of the game. like giving weapons different firing modes or changing movement...

for examples

http://www.fileplanet.com/97603/0/0/0/section/Other

http://download.beyondunreal.com/browse.php?cat=42

welcome to the unreal world

Comment

Mutator is the name of an optional little program that changes or adds one or more rules in the game.

For example, the Instagib mutator replaces all the weapons in a game with a single hitscan weapon that does enough damage to kill any player in a single shot, thus gibbing them instantly.

Other mutators change how strong the gravity is, or remove the hoverboard or the Orb, or whatever.

If you have the programming skills you can make your own.

Comment

any clue on how mutators would work in PS3 version cuz i know in PC version u have to go to some file to acces them. ini. or something? So would it just be available in the create a game options? And are there mutators like to remove certains weapons and vehicles?

Comment

u can add mutators in the game when you create one u dont have to go into the inis

Comment

Originally posted by xFirexIcex View Post
            So would it just be available in the create a game options? And are there mutators like to remove certains weapons and vehicles?
            yes and yes (not as good as previous versions, but good ones will surely come).

I'm not too familiar with PS3, but I think you will be able to download new mutators via an online connection on your Playstation.

Comment

Originally posted by xFirexIcex View Post
              I'm kinda new to UT series and have never played a UT game b4 but I am getting UT3 for PS3. I'm wondering what exactly is a mutator.
              Its Unreal Tournaments word for "MOD"

Mutator=Mod

A small program that modifies how the game is played. ( mod )

Comment

That's incorrect sysop, a mod is a modification, which changes the original game in a way that was not originally included. A mutator is something that UT uses to change the standard game in small ways on a per-match basis

Comment

Originally posted by Unknown Target View Post
                  That's incorrect sysop, a mod is a modification, which changes the original game in a way that was not originally included. A mutator is something that UT uses to change the standard game in small ways on a per-match basis
                  It technically is a mod, just not a TC mod.

Comment

Basically the Unreal series has two basic caterogies of mod. Small, and large. Colloquially we call the little ones Mutators, because that name rocks, and the game has the built-in ability to plug them into any gametype. Mods in this series are usually things you activate either a) from launching a shortcut different than the stock Unreal game one or b) by enabling the mod in-game. Mods generally are more dramatic gameplay changes, and are often their own gametypes, or a collection of gametype enhancements for existing gametypes.

Comment

Working...
                    X