The Unreal Universe timeline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Unreal Universe timeline?

I can't even place 5 Unreal games in a timeline? I want someone to explain this. I have tons of reasons to post this. Let me show you guys only 3 of them:

1. You know, in UC2, Lauren and Brock are Necris, and Malcolm is 54. In UT2004, Malcolm looks quite young. But in UT3, Lauren isn't a Necris and Malcolm looks like if he was 60!

2. Unreal 2 isn't even a sequel to Unreal and RTNP. There is a vehicle called the raptor and it's a land vehicle. In UT2004 the raptor flies! There is also a vehicle calles the Juggernaut. Juggernauts aren't vehicles, they are gene-boosted Homo Sapiens!

3. In UT2004, Sapphire has black hair, glasses, and looks way more like a merecenary. In UC2, she has blond hair like Satin, no glasses like Satin, and she is way more sexy*.

I'l say the most stupid of them: In the UC2 website intro for Lauren, it says that her famous championship team is ThunderCrash, but she is only in Malcolm's team for 1 tournament only! (In UT2003) In all other UT games, she is in the Iron Guard team!

I have said it once and ill say it again UC2 is hapening after all of the other Unreal series, including UT3. Malcolm ate a Nali fruit and gained youth!? (me fantasizing)

Unreal 2 is actually the first encounter with the Skaarj, meaning its hapening way before any other game of the series. also Unreal 2 isnt made by epic and I think they had nothing to do with the story line. Juggernaut--->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juggernaut

Its weird that some of the less important characters have changed so mutch during the series ill admit, but the hair color could just be hair dye.

Also heres a little about the timeline http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/Ge...nreal_Timeline

Comment

SPOILERS:

The U/UT franchise is just a bunch of brainless shooters and doesn't need story, common sense or continuity.

If you want a good story, look for other games.

Comment

The U/UT franchise is just a bunch of brainless shooters and doesn't need story, common sense or continuity.
        agreed

Comment

SPOILERS:

If you want a good story, look for other games.
          everybody quote this and hopefully the OP will get the hint

Comment

I liked the premise of ut99. It fit multiplayer and single player so well. It was designed to be a sport, so matches and **** fit so well. Now they have a war going on and all this other **** =[. They killed off the simple aspects of the game that made it fun and kinda unique. I liked the idea of the liandri mining company holding these matches and u were playing to be the best.

Anyone else feel the same way.

Comment

Still Unreal started out as a single player co-op game and has always had a story.

Comment

Yea but that was unreal, not ut. Thats why they made unreal 2, not unreal 3. They are different. They take place in the same universe i guess but ut was ment to be a deathmatch sport game with no real story. They are trying to combine the 2 games into one and i don't think thats the right thing to do.

Comment

Every Unreal game after Unreal is a spin-off.

Sort of.

Comment

[QUOTE=Franco23;25096690]
                    3. In UT2004, Sapphire has black hair, glasses, and looks way more like a merecenary. In UC2, she has blond hair like Satin, no glasses like Satin, and she is way more sexy*.QUOTE]

Get a life!!!

Comment

Ok, as an avid fan of the Unreal Universe I have always paid very close attention to the stories behind the games so here goes:

Unreal was the first contact with the Skaarj and the Nali, they were as of yet unknown races and you crash landed when you prison ships instruments malfunctioned. They malfunctioned because of all of the Tarydium on NaPali. The Skaarj were enslaving the Nali and using the Krall as minimum to no wage mercenaries.

Unreal 2 took place after Unreal but before the Unreal Tournament games. The Skaarj were known about by then. Unreal 2 introduced the corprations other than Liandri and all corporations as well as the Skaarj were in a power struggle for some very powerful artifacts.

Unreal Tournament came about after Liandri wanted to quell union style revolts by it's deep space miners that were not happy about working conditions. The matches were underground Fight Club style, until Liandri realized it could make a huge profit. They then made the fights sanctioned. Xan was the resident Liandi bad boy at the time. Malcolm came up through the ranks leading Thundercrash (Othello and Riker were on his team then) and owned him to become the champion. Lauren and Brock were on their own team "The Iron Guard" and were one of Malcolms fiercest challenges during the Tournament. Xan was almost destroyed and was returned to Liandri for some heavy R&D

In UT2003/Unreal Championship Malcom was the Champion and Brock and Lauren joined up with him, basically a dream team. (this is also why they had different armor in UT2003). Malcolm, Lauren, and Brock, were on top of the Tournament scene for several years. Gorge's team beat them in an upset championship match, and during Malcolm and Gorge's 1 on 1, Malcolm had his spine broken. There was internal fallout after they lost and Malcolm, Lauren and Brock parted ways.

(Here is where the console and PC universes split)

In UT2004 Gorge obviously couldn't hold onto the title so he was in the lower ranks (a one hit wonder). Malcolm had reunited with Othello and Riker and was heading Thundercrash again, but he wasn't the Champion he used to be. A disenfranchised team from the Skaarj come to the tournament to prove thier worth and regain some honor. They are lead by "Clanlord". Xan and his team re-emerge after serious upgrades. Jacob is an up and comer who goes through all of the ranks to win this years tournament.

In UT3 the individual parts that will be played are unknown (don't ahve the game yet) but from what I gathered Malcolm is retired from the Tournament, Xan is MIA and Lauren is heading the Iron Gaurd with Brock no where in sight. From what I gathered Lauren helps you at one point in the game so maybe Malcolm called in a favor for old times sake.

UC2 takes place long after UC and the rest of the games with Malcolm being much older and returning in more of a celebrity fighter/announcer role. Gorge is back as well to keep hold of his title. Still havent had a chance to play through UC2 yet so I can't speak on this one entirely (Just got a 360 and never had an Xbox but did pick it up recently)

That is the basic overview...

Comment

Since when does a multiplayer shooter need a timeline?

Comment

Originally posted by GG-Xtreme View Post
                          Since when does a multiplayer shooter need a timeline?
                          It doesn't. But ironically when over 50% of the players of a multiplayer game never actually play multiplayer it makes sense to throw them a story where possible . Unreal Tournament was originally planned to be an expansion of the MP aspects of Unreal. Epic unintentionally spawned a whole new animal

Comment

The years are all wrong for UT3. It says Malcom defeated Xan in 2293 or something, but the opening cinematic for UT clearly says it's 2341. Isn't UT3 (somehow) officially set in like 2305?

Comment

I liked UT as a tournament game, which was literally designed to be the best, as earlier stated in this topic.
                              I also liked Unreal as a game with a story line.
                              However, I feel Epic has tried to merge the both into 1 game: the most known one: UT.
                              Ut's about brainless action, tournament, and being the best, end of line.
                              Now they throw in a story and so on.
                              Pity

Comment

Working...
                              X