Xbox 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox 360

I was wondering why the Xbox 360 version of the game will not be coming out until Q1 2008. I mean I'm not that upset as it gives me more time to play Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect but I was just curious if there will be anything different about the 360 version or if they just realized that they didnt have the ability to make it for all 3 platforms at the same time and for w/e reason some moron suggested pushing the 360 version back...imo a big mistake, it has so many more players than PS3 meaning they prolly lost a good amount of holiday sales with that move.

I believe it's because of Microsoft's Certification process.

Comment

They signed something with sony making it a console exclusive on the PS3 for a set amount of time, and there were some development issues.

Comment

Originally posted by page006 View Post
        I was wondering why the Xbox 360 version of the game will not be coming out until Q1 2008. I mean I'm not that upset as it gives me more time to play Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect but I was just curious if there will be anything different about the 360 version or if they just realized that they didnt have the ability to make it for all 3 platforms at the same time and for w/e reason some moron suggested pushing the 360 version back...imo a big mistake, it has so many more players than PS3 meaning they prolly lost a good amount of holiday sales with that move.
        This will explain it to you i believe.

Epic hasn't even started on the 360 version of Unreal Tournament III yet, reveals company VP Mark Rein. He says Epic intends to finish the PS3 version before shifting focus to 360 "early next year", when we were originally expecting it to be released.

It seems Xbox 360 fans will have to wait a lot longer for their deathmatch action due to issues with running user-created mods on the platform.

In Rein's words: "The PS3 is an open system, and they embrace user-created content. But there isn't really a way to do that on the 360."

The PS3 version of UT III will be fully compatible with user-created mods made for the PC version - something that, according to Rein, isn't as easy to pull off on 360.

"So our job, when we finish the PS3 version, and we've taken a little break, is to sit down with Microsoft and to figure out how we can do mods on their system," he told Wired.
        full article here http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=175697

Also, your bias to the ps3 is pretty apparent in your post.

Comment

Here is the one reason it was delayed, and its true. Epic wants to have mod support on the consoles. There is nothing else, just that. And since its not that easy to do on the 360, they said: "Well, lets just make it PS3 exclusive until we hash this thing out with Microsoft." If you ask me (and this is just me) I could've done without mod support.

Comment

Well im a 360 owner so of course I feel its the better system, i mean a buddy of mine has a PS3, we both have top of the line HD tvs and honestly I dont see much of a difference in the systems as far as graphics go. I mean 360 has slightly better lighting and in some cases PS3 has better frame rates and textures, but neither is that noticable. I picked 360 because Xbox Live has a greater playerbase and imo it has a better game selection.

And to the others who posted, thank you for the input. i was just curious as to why the 360's release date was Q1 2008. For you other 360 owners out there, i look forward to us blowing the hell out of each other.

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
              They signed something with sony making it a console exclusive on the PS3 for a set amount of time, and there were some development issues.
              Do you have anything to back that up?

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
                I don't think you can ever back that up with any degree of reliability. M$ are the ones that feel they have to buy exclusivity. But notice they're the ones selling out on their own console for Multi-platform on PC with so many games! How many true platform exclusives do they really have left? No doubt Halo III is on it's way to PC at some point, as Microsoft needs to make up for that Billion Dollar "Error 71" Xbox 3fixme loss they are taking in the corporate wallet!

The real reason for a delay on this game is quite simple (along w/ the fact that), Epic is not really into that back door kind of cr*p that goes into other company's decisions. Besides, originally Epic was making UT3 exclusive to PC and PS3, so naturally the game is going to be behind in development on the Xbox 360 version.

If Nintendo had of made a real console instead of a Cracker Jacks Toy Surprise, it would have been on there too. They're all gamers at Epic, they just want to get the game into as many hands as possible, as playable as possible. That's the part they're trying to make happen for Xbox 360 fans.... and if anyone can make it all happen Epic can!

Open Network on PC and PS3 vs Closed Network on Xbox 360 makes it complicated. Simple as that!

I't'll eventually get there, just not according to everyone else's time schedule, which is always, always NOW if not SOONER!

Comment

I don't claim it as fact, I saw it somewhere and the sony guys saying they had (console) exclusivity this year made it plausible, I don't know if they just said that because they heard it was coming to 360 later, I could be very very mistaken I admit.

Comment

Originally posted by MoNaRky View Post
                    If Nintendo had of made a real console instead of a Cracker Jacks Toy Surprise, it would have been on there too.
                    Oh come on, quit the Wii bashing. The facts speak otherwise: Super Mario Galaxy is officially the best game in the world (check gamerankings.com). And it also does looks awesome, better than the first 360 titles anyway.

Sure, UT3 wouldn't run on that hardware with those awesome graphics. That's true. But the Wii's awesome.

Comment

Honestly I would've loved to see what UT3 would be like with the Wiimote Someone should hook it up to their computer and see how well it plays

Comment

Originally posted by Unknown Target View Post
                        Honestly I would've loved to see what UT3 would be like with the Wiimote Someone should hook it up to their computer and see how well it plays
                        I don't think it'd even play. If you want to point and shoot - go to a rifle range.

Comment

Why would anyone want to play UT3 on xbox LAG (live)? I switched to PC because im so sick of no PINGS and the hidden LAG factors in every game that comes out. Eg. GOW, Halo3, COD, Lost Planet, Quake 4 etc... With live your paying for lag, and I for one will no longer line M$ pockets. Almost everything that is free on PC cost M$ money on the dashboard. Now game companies are jumping all over this "CONTENT" thing. When a game is released on 360 it comes with like 10 maps and the game company holds back 5-6 so it can force you to buy them to play with your friends or join ranked rooms. The same game comes out for PC and the extra skins,maps,etc. are all included in the game or made available for free shortly after release.

Comment

they were just late in making their decision

Comment

Originally posted by MoNaRky View Post

If Nintendo had of made a real console instead of a Cracker Jacks Toy Surprise, it would have been on there too.
                              lol i don't have the wii but the wii from what i understand is selling more than xbox and ps3

Comment

Working...
                              X