Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Played the retail UT3 game? Please post your positive feedback here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Played the retail UT3 game? Please post your positive feedback here!

As the title says, if anyone reading this has played the german version (full game) for any length of time can you please post your POSITIVE feedback here.

Why?

Because we have a thousand threads about the negative stuff (of which i'm a heavy poster in) i'm not being a hipocrite I just want to hear some good stuff for a change and i'm assuming based on the gameplay of the demo that there must be lots of good things to say as well as all the known issues.

We all know the flaws in the game (mainly the UI, front end and FOV for widescreen etc) and the problems with the server browser, the gamespy stuff and the collision box/player scale stuff. So no need to repeat those here, they are accepted by me as real issues and a lot of other people (and in the case of the UI even by Epic now it seems - see the sticky UT3 FAQ).

So... If you've played it and felt anything good while playing the game (forget the menus) then please post here so those of us still waiting can get back on track and concentrate on looking forward to the gameplay. If you think warfare is awesome please post and say why, if the DM maps PLAY well then post that.. if the graphics are looking fresh and shiny to you, post away .whatever it is that has made you smile about the game then post here, inc screenshots if needed to highlight the 'fun'.

If there are no replies then.... but i'm certain there must be (unless no-one reading this has the full game).

Oh and if anyone posts any negatives in this thread may I suggest they are respectfully ignored as it would just go off topic and probably end up locked (and remember negative people, i'm one your side on a lot of issues but this is a game, it's about having fun and I want to see posts from people having fun; the internet/forums are always full of critics and negative posts and we have enough for the time being I think).

Agreed, think if a new player hopped on the forums, the last thing he would want to see is a bunch of whiny brats complaining about a game that the person just bought.

What do you like about UT3? No passive aggressive **** either

Comment

Hey glad you agree but let's try not to use terms like 'whiny brats' or this thread is going to be over before it starts... you will anger people into posting negative stuff then, it's human nature, and noone will bother to post in the thread the good stuff. Remember it takes far more effort for a reader to hit reply to post GOOD STUFF than it does for them to complain so we need to keep the thread civil and the mood light.

Comment

...or this threas is going to be over before it starts...
        not if i can help it. i dont have the full game, but i can tell you i found the demo *flawless*. if the full game is better, then i have no problem saying the full game is great do i?

Epic, in 15 days i will have my hands on your masterpiece, so i thank and salute you in advance

Comment

Originally posted by MeepZero View Post
          Agreed, think if a new player hopped on the forums, the last thing he would want to see is a bunch of whiny brats complaining about a game that the person just bought.

What do you like about UT3? No passive aggressive **** either
          Agreed. Haven't played it yet but UT is always FUN!
          New players I think you should get UT3! But if your new to FPS train on Duck Hunt first!

Comment

The full version's great, great maps, graphics, gameplay FUN, FUN, FUN !!!

Comment

I just wanna learn the new unrealEd and start mapping!

Comment

Sharpfish, get back to mapping. Who said you could leave your room? Xmas is just around the corner

Comment

full game

bought the full yesterday:
                  (ehm i only play UT99 i played UT2k4 but i didnt like it to much bunnyhopping)

- Movement is nice back to UT99 now you need skill to move in ut2k4 you only have to press space to get out of the situation...

- Sniper is a good mix between OldSchool Sniper an LightningGun but it could reload a liiiiiil faster

- nice to see some good old maps like Deck

- playercreation is a good idea to make you a lil more unique

I dont understand why everyone gets rid of the menu

omg i go into the menu one time take my options and leaf it ?? i think noone will spent HOURS on the Menu or?

I only search for the play online button in Menu

Comment

Positive things that changed since the beta demo? Positive... positive... hmmm... OK here we go

- graphics got better

- most maps are well made (e.g. the new Torlan) but the clipping is c..p

And I think that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by pimpv303 View Post
                      bought the full yesterday:
                      (ehm i only play UT99 i played UT2k4 but i didnt like it to much bunnyhopping)

I dont understand why everyone gets rid of the menu

omg i go into the menu one time take my options and leaf it ?? i think noone will spent HOURS on the Menu or?

I only search for the play online button in Menu
                      Agree 100%

The game its great, plays really well, looks beautiful, and its lotsa fun!!
                      Once configured all my settings, I dont need to waste my time in the menu as I just want to frag

Comment

I have played the full game for about 2 days now.

The good
                        - The movies in the single player campaign are looooong and look really good.
                        - The graphics are really good. Everything shines and there's a lot of atmosphere in some maps.
                        - The sound is really good, Funny comments by the bots.
                        - The bots are really good in (T)DM.
                        - The gameplay feels much more solid than UT2004.
                        - Works well: no crashes, no hangs, ALT-TAB works flawlessly.
                        - Maps look really good with a lot of ramps, aqua ducts, stuff laying around, etc.
                        - Weapons are more useful than in UT2004. In UT2004 I almost only used the rocket launcher, while with UT3 I use most weapons.
                        - The game really sets itself apart from the competition (Crysis, Call Of Duty, ...) by being fast and direct.
                        - Almost all maps have a high quality. In UT2004 only a couple of maps were played online. I expect much more variety playing UT3.

The bad
                        - Mutators lack configurability.
                        - The menu requires a lot of clicks to start a new game.
                        - It's crazy that people have to edit INI files to change settings. This isn't Linux!
                        - The bots are really passive in CTF and WARFARE (if you are defending the flag/node, every match will end after 20 minutes at 0-0).
                        - Vehicles ruin CTF maps.
                        - The linear single player campaign structure is very disappointing. It's just playing all the maps in a row. I liked UT2004's single player ladder better.
                        - Hardly any good maps with vertical (z-axis) combat.
                        - Hitting the shock ball to create a shock combo is way too difficult. I manage to do it maybe once every 10 times while on the run.
                        - The insulting comments are really childish. 'F Yeah!' is just plain rediculous.
                        - You cannot select a commentator ('3 minutes remain', ...)
                        - Some WARFARE and VCTF maps are too large. 30 seconds walking/hovering to get to the action is NOT fun.
                        - Although all maps are of pretty high quality, I haven't seen any really original or 'killer' map.

Comment

Originally posted by iycgtptyarvg View Post
                          - Hardly any good maps with vertical (z-axis) combat.
                          This made me worried. I have not tended to jump into the "console ****!" bandwagon, but the lack of Z-axis is quite consolish feature. The demo maps had average Z-axis action, but nothing comparable to some UT2k4 titles like DM-Roghinery. Some other maps I have seen in videos seemed even more flat? Is this really so?

However the video I saw about CTF-Verbate (?) looked really cool. Some real Z-axis drops there.

Comment

i will miss the sexy girl voice as commentator.. is that on ut3 by the way?

im in love with the art part of the game

Comment

Warfare isnt what i expected... it's more 90% onslaught, 5% tdm and 5% assault (imo)
                              But for the rest; Graphics, maps, SP campaign are awesome ^^

Comment

Working...
                              X