Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Co-op campaign - does it work and is it worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by IzaFly View Post
    So you guys are telling me co-op is no where near the deep story that GoW has?
    Yes. Even I know that, and I don't have the full version of UT3.

GoW was a single player game with coop built in as well as multiplayer. UT3 is basically a multiplayer game with single player built in. But it's not primarily a single player game. But it does have more of a single player storyline than previous versions of UT, apparently.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's probably not as deep, but it's shaping up to be pretty **** good from what I've seen. For a game like UT to even have a story like UT3's is awesome.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So you guys are telling me co-op is no where near the deep story that GoW has?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Bebo View Post
    Are you saying less than half of the campaign is DM or that the DM is half as good as it should be? Just checking.
    The campaign doesn't include half of the DM maps.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
    It includes most maps of the gametypes that have few, like CTF, vCTF and WAR.
    DM has a lot more and it lacks about half from what I've heard.
    Are you saying less than half of the campaign is DM or that the DM is half as good as it should be? Just checking.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It includes most maps of the gametypes that have few, like CTF, vCTF and WAR.
    DM has a lot more and it lacks about half from what I've heard.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How's the replayability? I thought UT2004's Single Player had **** replayability because many maps (like, all of Onslaught) were missing. If you wanted a piece of that you'd have to look elsewhere. Does the new campaign include all maps?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
    That's true, and doing it co-op would be easier, I dunno if all participants get the unlocks and if they have to be on the same place in the story to join or not.
    good question. I don't have the faintest as to if everyone gets unlocks. Anyone here, care to shed some light?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That's true, and doing it co-op would be easier, I dunno if all participants get the unlocks and if they have to be on the same place in the story to join or not.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    personally I don't see how the co-op could go wrong if it's just replacing team with live players. The only other co-op I've played is (don't hurt me) halo and the original quake. They were fine. Just be glad you have a girlfriend who is willing to play a first person shooter with you over the internet!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    well, in theory, can you unlock some of the stuff if you play co-op online then as your still playing the Singleplayer campaign? u should still be able to unlock stuff... would be fun to unlock stuff together with someone, gives you a more feel of acomplishing something... anyone like to try it for me? heh

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You can setup a server so that your team faces an equal or other ratio of bots of the faction of your choosing, lets you pick map and muts etc also so I think that would be the better choice if you do want to play with your buddies against AI.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks like videos with some scripted events in botmatches between maps. It's a bit more than what we got with previous UT's, but not a full fledged single player experience like Unreal, Half Life, etc. But that's fine.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's probably a lot like having 4 people play with a bunch of bots, with cut scenes in between matches.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    co-oping was always fun in Unreal and lasted a really long time online. if this is done well it will really add to the online life of the game... im looking forward to trying to addict more friends to unreal via coop

Leave a comment:

Working...
X