X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. Good point.

Comment

Originally posted by UndeadRoadkill View Post
      However effecient the new toaster is at toasting toast, wouldn't you expect a new toaster to at least come with that little knob that allows you to select how dark you want your toast? I mean, the older models all had that, we loved it, why would they remove it?
      I dunno, maybe the makers of our new model decided it had to match the new coffee makers' simple futuristic style!

Comment

Originally posted by Reise View Post
        I dunno, maybe the makers of our new model decided it had to match the new coffee makers' simple futuristic style!
        The PS3 makes coffee?

Comment

Total agreement with this thread. The UI might look nice, but it's absolutely useless to everyone who has played UT. This is one thing UT99 AND UT2k4 players can agree on. The customization and UI functionality feels as if it has been reduced to nil.

Originally posted by Kura View Post
          The PS3 makes coffee?
          Really? ****, I need one then.

Comment

Originally posted by h4mx0r View Post
            Total agreement with this thread. The UI might look nice, but it's absolutely useless to everyone who has played UT. This is one thing UT99 AND UT2k4 players can agree on. The customization and UI functionality feels as if it has been reduced to nil.

Really? ****, I need one then.
            Probably gets hot enough to make it haha I HATE SONY!

Comment

This topic has been done to death, but a very good post nonetheless. I concur 100%. Well said.

Comment

pretty sure the ini has all of the uber advanced settings you guys are asking to be implemented. Yeah - the UI is very, very unpleasant on the eye but the game still works the same when you're fragging. Personally, I'm giving EPIC my money for me to frag in UT3, not to spend mah time clicking around the UI. Also - the server browser mess, who cares what it looks like when we'll be using gamespys server browser, which will have all the information we're used to

Comment

Isn't that nice, after all the arguments prior to the game/demo release about UWindows vs 2k4 menus, the community has started coming together in agreement on things -

Btw I guess we can't really complain, Epic told us many,many months ago during one of the many uwindows vs 2k4 threads that (near enough the words-not hunting several months worth of topics for one quote):

"You'll get a big surprise when you see the UI- don't worry".

Well, who can claim that they didn't get a surprise when they saw the new UI?

Comment

lol, I read that even editing the ini file actually made no change to the gfx you see, as if they might be implemented at a later date with a patch, I don't know if thats true, I did read it on here but that could just be speculation!

Comment

Ya, the UI is rather awful, its an embarrassment compared to the previous UIs in the series.

Comment

Well I doubt they'd put something in the .ini for nothing. This isn't Gothic 3 after all hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by Reise View Post
                          Well I doubt they'd put something in the .ini for nothing. This isn't Gothic 3 after all hehe.
                          I'm not saying it's there to help fill up a notepad document. I just read that it didn't do anything at this stage!

Comment

Originally posted by hddante View Post
                            In every interview i've seen you said you were focusing more on offline play. Well let's see in ut2004 you could:
                            - pick a name
                            - select the character you like
                            - change your team members
                            - customize the enemy bots

In ut3:
                            - you dont have a name, you are "Player", live with it
                            - in campaign you can only play reaper, instant action you get a random character
                            - customize your team ? forget about it
                            - choose enemy bots in instant action ? nope
                            - at least see what enemyes you will face in the next mission ? nope
                            I find this to be totally unsatisfactory. What a crock of ****. Being able to customize bots was always a staple of UT, that was seldom seen in any other game, if ever. And now we can't play whatever character we want in Campaign ? For all that's worth the might as well have left it at the Single Player Tournament Ladder.

Originally posted by UndeadRoadkill View Post
                            I find this unacceptable. In the game's current state, I will wait to see what gets fixed in a patch before I buy it. Who knows how long that will be, seeing as how they have to focus on their console ports now (then again, this PC version looks completely console-ready, so maybe it will be quick).

My money won't be factored into this game's first-week sales figures.

If teammate and opponent bot customization isn't available after patching, I will not buy this game.
                            I don't blame you. Nobody rightfully can. I have a copy pre-ordered, but I only pre-ordered it because it comes also with Unreal Anthology.

This is turning into a nightmare.

Comment

Epic just give us answers instead of closing threads, or are you hoping we got out and buy it and find stuff hasn't changed. Alot of us like the rest of the game alot but there are some minor niggles so why can't we have an explanation. Theres a few thousand potential paying customers and your not giving us any reason to had over the green to you!

Comment

It's completely astounding how oblivious some people can be. Upset that you can only play as the Main Character in the Story mode? What did you expect, being able to swap out Reaper with a Liandri Combat Droid or a Krall Elite or even Akasha herself? I'm sure that'd work out just peachy with the cutscenes and dialogue.

Don't be dumb.

Comment

Working...
                                X