This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am unhappy with the UI

Sorry to say this but UT3 is a major step back for you guys, it's hard for me to believe that this is the same company that made ut99 and ut2004.
    How can features that you were smart enough to implement 8 years ago be missing from this title ?

The menu looks like its idiot proof, always asking you for confirmation.
    It asks you if you are sure you want to start a new match, but when you change the game resolution no problem, no need for a confirmation dialog for that, as if starting a new match by accident is way more severe then changing the game resolution to something that my monitor cant handle.
    Even installing the game takes less clicks then actually getting into a match from the main menu.
    Some menu items get bigger at small resolutions, if you play at 640x480 (for example) a drop down menu takes up half of the screen, the server menu fonts get bigger and it shows less servers/page, it looks horrible.
    Why can't i copy-paste to the console... You could do this in ut99 and in ut2004, what about ut3 ?

ALOT of features are missing, how the hell is this:
    [shot]http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/7554/sorryepictp8.jpg[/shot]

better then this ?
    [shot]http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/7606/sorryepic1op8.jpg[/shot]

How am i supposed to tweak the video settings individually ? Because *surprise surprise* turning off bloom or depth of field from the ini turns off all post processing effects, and *surprise surprise* with no post processing the nightshade is completely invisible.
    Where are my sliders and check boxes for every single video setting ? I understand that you want it to be easy for the casual gamer to select his settings BUT, the more features the better, why didnt you add another "really advanced" screen with those options ?

How is this:
    [shot]http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/1623/sorryepic3xn1.jpg[/shot]

better then this ?
    [shot]http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/3465/sorryepic2rl6.jpg[/shot]

Where's my ping ? where's my player list ? where are all the server settings ? They were there in ut2004, is this the next installment or the previous installment in unreal tournament ?

In every interview i've seen you said you were focusing more on offline play. Well let's see in ut2004 you could:
    - pick a name
    - change your team members
    - customize the enemy bots

In ut3:
    - you dont have a name, you are "Player", live with it
    - customize your team ? forget about it
    - choose enemy bots in instant action ? nope
    - at least see what enemyes you will face in the next mission ? nope

Not to mention there are significantly less character models in the game when comparing to ut200x, but thats ok because you cant choose how to look anyhow.

After i first installed the game i went in and played the campaign offline for about 10 missions, i was curious about the online features so i logged on but then changed my mind and logged off to continue my campaign and guess what, the game erased all my progress. While i was thinking about throwing my monitor out the window i went into instant action to check out the necris vehicles, first map i tried "serenity_necris" has axon vehicles instead of necris.

The gameplay is fun, the graphics are amazing. But then menus suck, alot of critical features are missing and the game is full of bugs.
    Good day.

totally agree with you on the menus and so do others but we will have to wait for a patch or a mod to fix it until then we are stuck with the **** we got now =/

Comment

Man I was just about to write something like you wrote, couldn't explain it better, epic, I'm sorry but, I thought your beta was AWESOME for a beta, but come on, the whole game just totally like the beta?! Basic features! This game can't be only focused on the normal casual player, we, hardcore players, need basic features like watching the ping, and I know that wouldn't be hard for you guys to set on. We need demorec, we need utv, we need atleast a GUI like we had in UT2K4 and that wasn't enough anyway, the game was only playable after Lotus released UTComp, come on.

Comment

I feel your pain.

But ten quid says this gets closed.

Comment

Note that this game was just released, no one can expect a perfect game with no bugs from a first release. Just calm down and know that these bugs will be fixed by future patches. If Epic pumps out patches at a decent rate this game will be improved drastically in a matter of time. Stop judging the game on the first release, and don't let it decide whether or not you should play it, that's just stupid. Just wait on future patches and be patient.

Comment

As you should know the game was to be shipped 'when it's done', so you must be lying, sorry :/

Comment

With you 100%, they really have taken a step backwards when it comes to the UI, so many helpful, good features that just are not in the game anymore, I'm pretty sure you could see who was in the server in ut99 geez.

I'm actually not tooo upset as long as they fix these things with patches but it just gets you a little worried when the game is "gold" and they know these features are broken and or missing.

Comment

Originally posted by Nietzsche View Post
                As you should know the game was to be shipped 'when it's done', so you must be lying, sorry :/
                No game is shipped when it's done because then it'd take at least triple as long for it to be released. Epic doesn't have the time to find every last bug in the game, thats what the beta is for, and you also can expect them to fix every single bug in the span of 2-3 weeks, thats what future patches are for. If you are ignorant enough to think that every game is perfect when it is first released then please feel free to list some examples.

Also, the majority of the community is much too impatient to wait for a patch. And there is a reason they delete your threads, it's because all you do is whine and make it harder for them to do their work. Let them work and it'll take time, the game won't be perfect instantly by the community's constant whine. All we can do for now is support them for all they have done now, I must admit the game isn't as good compared to others but they will fix it.

Comment

I just can't get it, the game has massive GFX that must be so complicated to produce, but WOW, is that hard to put a good scoreboard? is it good to make a good GUI? No, it's not logical at all, it must have some kind of weird explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by hddante View Post
                    The menu looks like its idiot proof
                    Well, they apparently built it for console players. ZING!

j/k, but seriously, the game looks like a console port. I wouldn't mind if it was some new game with no history that was on a console first. But they made such a big deal about how it was built for PC gamers, they reassured us that we were their "bread and butter," that they can't afford to alienate us. I guess they decided we weren't worth that much, after all.

Comment

Originally posted by sunandy View Post
                      [...] If you are ignorant enough to think that every game is perfect when it is first released then please feel free to list some examples.
                      Die Hard 4.0
                      Bee Movie
                      30 Weeks Later

Could go on forever, all top notch!

Comment

epic pls patch it!

Comment

Agreed 110%.

...And in before the lock.

Comment

Agreed, now off to deletion.....

Comment