This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ut3 FAQ

Hi everyone. This thread will collect all the common questions we've been seeing on the forums over the launch of UT3.

Q: How do I save my progress in the Single Player Campaign.
    A: You need to create and login into a UT3 profile in order for your campaign game to be saved.

Q: I am unhappy with the UI.
    A: We're aware that the UI isn't perfect. We're working on numerous improvements and additions to the user interface that will be made available in future updates to UT3.

Q: Are there any differences between the downloadable Direct2Drive version of UT3 and the retail boxed version of UT3?
    A: None, they are identical. Any patches released will work for either version.

Q: Can I use my existing GameSpy profile in UT3?
    A: You need to create an profile in-game. UT3 uses it's own 'namespace' so that players can use aliases already claimed in the normal GameSpy namespace.

Q: Will there be a linux or Mac version of UT3?
    A: We are currently working on a linux UT3 client that players will be able to use with the retail Windows version. As soon as it's available we'll announce it here. Work is also being done on a Mac retail version of UT3.

Q: Will there be a Xbox 360 version of UT3?
    A: Yep, now available!

Q: I want PS3 splitscreen!
    A: Unfortunately there are currently no plans to implement this feature for UT3 PS3.

Q: What do I have to configure when I get the NAT warning?
    A: Our NAT (network address traversal) checking code looks to see if an external game client can do two things. First, it checks to see if the router allows for unsolicited connections from unknown clients. It does this by seeing if the external game client can connect to a port that the internal game server has not sent data to the external game client on. If this fails, then your router needs to allow for unsolicited packets. Secondly, the game checks to see that the port that is externally exposed is the same as the port the game thinks it is sending/receiving on. Some routers remap (change the port number) the ports that the internal host thinks it is using to a different port. This confuses the server and prevents clients from connecting. For more information see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network...ss_translation. UT3 supports "Full cone NAT" routers only.

Q: Is there a patch for the PS3 version?
    A: Yes and it is current available for download from the PlayStation network.

Q: Will there be official Xbox 360 dedicated servers for that version?
    A: Yes, there will be a similar number of Xbox 360 servers in North America and Europe to what we provided for the PC and PS3 versions.

Q: Does the Xbox 360 version have character customization?
    A: The 360 version doesn't have character customization per se, but virtually every combination you could make is now available as a stand alone character.

Thanks!
Working...
X