No announcement yet.

lower average FPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exil3, I don't think you can enable AA or AF on UT3 without a Direct X 10 card. It's something to do with UE3.

Comment

Originally posted by sambo. View Post
      aa = autoaim?
      af = autofire?

wtf, why cant you play without hacks, moron.

I dont think he means that

AA- anti-aliasing, Anti-aliasing is a process that attempts to minimize the appearance of aliased or jagged diagonal edges, or “jaggies.” These jagged edges are the result of the finite resolution of the computer monitor that displays the graphics. Figure 1 illustrates how an edge should be represented when drawn graphically. Each square on the grid represents a single pixel on the display.

AF- Anisoptric Filtering, In 3D computer graphics, anisotropic filtering (abbreviated AF) is a method of enhancing the image quality of textures on surfaces that are at oblique viewing angles with respect to the camera where the projection of the texture (not the polygon or other primitive it is rendered on) appears to be non orthogonal. Like bilinear and trilinear filtering it eliminates aliasing effects, but introduces less blur at extreme viewing angles and thus preserves more detail.

Comment

aa = autoaim?
        af = autofire?

If you are being serious then there's only one moron around here

even my granny knows AA = antialiasing and AF = Anisotropic Filtering

if you were joking then try using a ' '

Though I will agree that hacks are the work of the devil in multiplayer games.

Posted elsewhere how from shots/vids a lot of the maps seemed quite drab/dark (the techy ones) but DM-Sentinel looked quite hot (in a good way).

I was expecting more bells and whistles in the full version so it's dissapointing to hear there's barely a difference graphicaly between the beta and the retail... my 8800gtx will be wasted there.

Comment

aa = autoaim?
          af = autofire?

Haha this wouldn't be funny but the fact that you said it with such ignorance, I just have to laugh at you.

Comment

btcomm, almost every single one of your posts i see you CRYING AND CRYING ABOUT THE ****ING GRAPHICS!!!!

how about this.

1) do NOT expect the game to look like it did in those screenshots, those are NOT real. many games do this. instead look at the trailers of actual in game play, those are sick.

2) can you even RUN it at max details with AA on? can you really?

3) even if the graphics don't get better, its PERFECT for me. shiiiiitttt, many people tone DOWN their graphics because its too distracting. grphx like that only work for games like crysis where you uninstall it after you beat it (well for me anyway). ut3 had to take care of old pc users and high end pc users. i think its fine.

4) i don't think exiles settings really are on high (no offense). sometimes when you put the details high, it won't really "register" because your card simply can't push it and tbh...that card isn't great. i would like to see it with an 8800gt or gtx or ultra.

point is, this game is amazing. bioshock is a SINGLE PLAYER game that has probably already died.

and exile, thx for taking your time to post these screens, i didn't mean what i said in a bad way.

Comment

Originally posted by Reise View Post
              exil3, I don't think you can enable AA or AF on UT3 without a Direct X 10 card. It's something to do with UE3.
              Thanks that would explain. Has anyone tried that dX10 trick for xp?

Im still messing with the INI files i noticed there was an option

EnableHighPolyChars=False i changed it to true but not sure if there is any difference.
              Ill check it out after i have to take a break my eyes are killing me.

Here are some screens when i set it to true
              http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/7081/98226705in9.jpg
              http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/5742/catbg9.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Kura View Post
                I dont think he means that

AA- anti-aliasing, Anti-aliasing is a process that attempts to minimize the appearance of aliased or jagged diagonal edges, or “jaggies.” These jagged edges are the result of the finite resolution of the computer monitor that displays the graphics. Figure 1 illustrates how an edge should be represented when drawn graphically. Each square on the grid represents a single pixel on the display.

AF- Anisoptric Filtering, In 3D computer graphics, anisotropic filtering (abbreviated AF) is a method of enhancing the image quality of textures on surfaces that are at oblique viewing angles with respect to the camera where the projection of the texture (not the polygon or other primitive it is rendered on) appears to be non orthogonal. Like bilinear and trilinear filtering it eliminates aliasing effects, but introduces less blur at extreme viewing angles and thus preserves more detail.
                thank you for clearing that up.

'twas confusion over acronyms, i'm well aware of what anti-alaising does (i'm a photoshop user form waaaaaaaaaaay back, like, v2.0). never really heard of Anisoptric Filtering, certainly not by that acronym.

Originally posted by Sharpfish View Post
                If you are being serious then there's only one moron around here

even my granny knows AA = antialiasing and AF = Anisotropic Filtering

if you were joking then try using a ' '
                it was an honest mistake. in every other game i've ever played, AA stands for Auto-Aim, eg a lame, n00b'alicious hack.
                Originally posted by Sharpfish View Post
                Though I will agree that hacks are the work of the devil in multiplayer games.
                hacks = ultimate n00b imho.

one of the reasons i'm looking forward to UT3 is the hope i'll encounter less hacking n00bs than in various other online games i've otherwise enjoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by GG-Xtreme View Post
                  It's just due to high-rez textures, so Nvidia users will hardly take a hit.
                  Err... how will nvidia being the manufacturer of the card have anything to do with how much of a hit you will take with higher resolution textures?

If anything, the 2900Pro/XT have the advantage. The 1GB 512-bit GDDR4 versions of those cards have memory that easily overclocks to 1ghz (2ghz ddr) and have a memory bandwidth of ~125GB/s, leaving the ~105GB/s on the 8800Ultra in the dust.

In practice neither of them should take a hit though.

Comment

Working...
                  X