lower average FPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lower average FPS?

An earlier thread stated that the full game will have a lower average FPS.

The full game is also more system demanding because it has the higher res textures

Comment

it shouldn't be if u have the game on lower settings... thats just the law of graphics... of course you'll get lower FPS if u have all the graphics and special effects cranked all the way up... i too was worried for a second tho about that comment... but if anyone can officially test this it would put this speculation to bed

Comment

I doubt that it's true, I actually heard from several people that the opposite is true (i.e. it runs faster), probably just a Crysis-fanboi :>

Comment

if ur fps are gunna get lowered from 80 to 60 its no difference lol its still smooth as

Comment

Originally posted by Apathy View Post
            The full game is also more system demanding because it has the higher res textures
            that claim never made sense to me. the demo was small because it lacks maps, textures, and music. i figure that the full version will include several times as many maps etc and hence will be several times the size. The truth evidently for the "poor" appearance of the demo is because we have been comparing it to concept art.

Comment

Well the demo doesn't have high res textures so that's not a surprise. How well does the game run on the same settings as the demo? Also, is Shangri La just a high demanding map or do most maps run the same?

Comment

Originally posted by digerati View Post
                The truth evidently for the "poor" appearance of the demo is because we have been comparing it to concept art.
                Kind of like your girlfriend comparing you to her previous stud. She remembers things were better...

Comment

It's just due to high-rez textures, so Nvidia users will hardly take a hit.

Comment

Interesting topic, first it would make sense if it had higher res textures but it actually appears as though there really is no difference in textures in the full game unfortunately. It looks like the graphic quality has not gone up at all in the full game.

Comment

IMO most of the maps in the full game suck graphics-wise.

Comment

Originally posted by btcomm View Post
                        It looks like the graphic quality has not gone up at all in the full game.
                        Another disappointment to add to the list...

Comment

Originally posted by [TT]BrundleFly View Post
                          Another disappointment to add to the list...
                          Could not agree with you more

Demo
                          http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/948...ncedemopf9.jpg

Retail
                          http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/165...eretailbu6.jpg

These were taken by exil3.

Comment

depends on your system
                            They do for me, espesially in warfare even with textures lowered.
                            those maps epic released for the demo were def system friendly. But 8800
                            x2900 series shouldnt have a problem.

Originally posted by btcomm View Post
                            true they loook the same but the maps in the demo dont compare to the rest there are some pretty sweet looking maps.

here is another screen http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/1505/61529656os8.jpg
                            i tried to enable aa, af but for some reason it wont take for this game...i working on it though

Comment

Originally posted by exil3 View Post
                              i tried to enable aa, af but for some reason it wont take for this game...i working on it though
                              aa = autoaim?
                              af = autofire?

wtf, why cant you play without hacks, moron.

Comment

Working...
                              X