When you say 1680x1050 can you confirm if we have proper widescreen hor+
    Meaning more viewscreen on the sides compared to a 4:3 monitor
    (And not less on the top and bottom)
    here is a 5meg bitmap should be alot better quality
    http://www.myfilestash.com/userfiles...9/untitled.bmp
    http://www.myfilestash.com/userfiles/demo23019/CAR2.bmp
    http://www.myfilestash.com/userfiles.../untitled1.bmp

Comment

Just curious, is max aa enabled on those screen shots?

Comment

Originally posted by btcomm View Post
        Just curious, is max aa enabled on those screen shots?
        Nada just ingame options maxed out. I enabled them in my ATI settings but dosnt seem to work. Someone told me yesterday that i might need DX10 for it to work and my card only supports DX9.

Comment

Originally posted by GG-Xtreme View Post
          If you uncomment those lines and the ones in the UTGame.ini, you'll see the options in the advanced settings, but currently they do nothing.
          maybe if someone with the full version could do what you suggested, and see if the options in the retail actually do something then if they do nothing in the demo... this would make sense that they do nothing in the demo because half the textures (the high quality ones) were missing, but of course will be there in the retail. So perhaps they can be activated properly in the retail version?

be nice if someone could do this for us and see if they actually do something

Comment

Originally posted by VACkillers View Post
            maybe if someone with the full version could do what you suggested, and see if the options in the retail actually do something then if they do nothing in the demo... this would make sense that they do nothing in the demo because half the textures (the high quality ones) were missing, but of course will be there in the retail. So perhaps they can be activated properly in the retail version?

be nice if someone could do this for us and see if they actually do something
            I found Post processing quality and other settings that are not visable seem to be incorporated into the current advanced settings and are adjusted accordingly
            with the slider bars. kind of lame if u ask me.

Comment

yea its lame, but im really thinking these settings are comming in a patch... jus had to tweak it thru ini's for now untill the GUI gets updated im guessing. I'll do some testing once i get the retail game... cant do squat till then really

Comment

Originally posted by exil3 View Post
                here is a 5meg bitmap should be alot better quality
                Hint: PNG-24 is a lossless format. But unlike bitmap, it has some decent compression

Comment

Originally posted by Hypotenuse View Post
                  I made this from the demo, but in case people wanted to see what they're going to be missing by using their expensive widescreens instead of a typical 4:3 ratio monitor, http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24...ference_sm.png

The green was taken at 1280x720, and the regular coloured portions were 1280x1024. The FOV is default at 100. My screen is native 1080p (1920x1080) and I'd like to be able to see those portions missing at the top of the screen somehow. I don't know if they're limiting the view to be 'fair' to the gamers with 4:3 ratio screens, but now that a lot of people have widescreen, this is going to probably screw over more people than anything else.

I heard bioshock (which uses U3 engine) suffered from the same flaw, so I'm guessing it might not be a fix we'll ever see unless someone caves in and lets FOV be tied to aspect ratio instead of just a hard limit at 120.

Learn somthing new everyday. That sux i did the fov 100 cmd and i see what u mean. They should do something about this. This is deff an issue they should take seriously

Comment

So yea I was going to ask the other guy (with the 3 screens) if he could take the same in-game shots with a standard resolution 4:3 and show me those.

But hypotenuse already clarified it. No widescreen support so far.

Comment

Working...
                    X