Clear All

• replied
    how can they know more then half played offline

Leave a comment:

• replied
    for practice and to learn the maps

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well I could imagine that it's a matter of skill that keeps ppl away from playing online. UT2004 could be very hectic and not everyone is good at playing it so if they still want to have fun they can play against some low level bots and have fun. I myself would only play ofline when I'm testing maps and other things.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Other.

I play online.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I join in the middle of huge elite matches to learn new maps and watch as everyone flames me for not knowing where I'm going. :P I rarely play offline.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by [404]Cham3l3on View Post
    I play offline when I am learning a map, testing, etc.
    Same .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I play offline when I am learning a map, testing, etc.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't play offline. But I can increase my post count with this now because I ticked Other.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic When do you play offline?

When do you play offline?

"What we found out to our surprise was how few people played Unreal Tournament 2004 online." Similar statements made by Epic's developers makes me wonder about the direction Unreal Tournament 3 will be heading.

What reason make people ignore the online feature of such a multiplayer-oriented game?

There are obvious reasons of course. Certain people exploit their anonymity to be coarse and vulgar, skilled players frustrate newbies, lag reduces the quality of play, and so on and so forth.

What about other reasons? Unreal has always supported modding and mod communities. There are terabytes of content for each Unreal Tournament game. But then online people only seem to play specific game types. Is this a reason that more than half of the buyers of Unreal Tournament 2004* did not play online?

In interviews, I did not see a developer discuss reasons behind the motivation to stay off line. I have had a suspicion it is because the games' server-browsers' menus pigeon-hole game types and do not focus in on modifications present on any given server. I'm posting this poll to help find out what reasons people do have for not playing online.

Maybe the answers could be worth a patch

If you checked the "other" option, please help and write your reason as to why you play the game offline.
Working...
X