disable white arrows in CTF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rozy View Post
    And what exactly can we do with that piece of code?
    It can be compiled and added to the ingame list of mutators by following the instructions here: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=584867

No additional software required, the ut3.exe itself is the compiler.

You can then add it to the list of active mutators when starting a game.

Sorry, I'd feel kind of ridiculous going to the trouble of packaging this as if it were anything special, it's a really simple and clumsy bit of code. And I don't have anyplace handy to host such a file anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Entropy View Post
      Yes, you're speculating, and 100% incorrect. Also note that as Hal pointed out in another thread, many of the "awesome features" that people are wanting returned to UT3 were legacy from UC1, because UT2003/4 was a console game ported to PC. So what you're actually asking for is _more_ console features... Its not a bad thing, I'm not passing judgment one way or the other, just clarifying people's incorrect speculation and rumor-mongering.
      LOL This post is full of win. It made my day.

As far as the arrows are concerned... who cares?

It's really not that big of a deal. You don't like them? Stop following them. Use another route. They don't detract from anything at all.

Comment

The arrows only annoy me on Coret, where all the post processing and effects turn the white arrows into totally blinding lightshow. Really hard to see anything behind those arrows.

Comment

Originally posted by Wygrath View Post

It's really not that big of a deal. You don't like them? Stop following them. Use another route. They don't detract from anything at all.

Equal to above Wisdom:
          Ignore that dude who took your flag!
          Just turn off your monitor and you won't see them!
          Don't play Computer Games!
          __________________________________________________ ____________

You fer serious? You can't be... Is u?

Comment

wow............ still not a word from EPIC about this VERY ANNOYING arrows, not anything about this in the beta patch changelogs :/ .... what do we have to do to make it clear we want an option to put it off? cant be much work to put it in.... :>

Comment

Like someone already stated, the arrows can be really annoying in Coret.
              Please fix this Epic!

Comment

Originally posted by Wygrath View Post
                LOL This post is full of win. It made my day.

They distracting your aim, especially with DoF enabled.

Comment

Originally posted by Entropy View Post
                  Yes, you're speculating, and 100% incorrect. Also note that as Hal pointed out in another thread, many of the "awesome features" that people are wanting returned to UT3 were legacy from UC1, because UT2003/4 was a console game ported to PC. So what you're actually asking for is _more_ console features... Its not a bad thing, I'm not passing judgment one way or the other, just clarifying people's incorrect speculation and rumor-mongering.
                  Then tell me this: Why did you not include the features in this version when it was supposed to be designed for PC first when you managed to fit all of those things (including a console and commands for binding things) into a console port?

Comment

Sometimes, I can't see a thing due to the bloom and glow of these arrows !!

They force me to take another path I don't want to go

Comment

Ok so these arrows never bothered me until today. I was defending a node that had a ton of people coming towards it. I'm rather good with a sniper rifle so I was zooming in with that and these WHITE ARROWS kept popping up right in front of me, completely blocking my view. Every time I changed my position they were still there! It's not a problem unless it disrupts the gameplay.

Comment

Originally posted by NFX View Post
                        Ok so these arrows never bothered me until today. I was defending a node that had a ton of people coming towards it. I'm rather good with a sniper rifle so I was zooming in with that and these WHITE ARROWS kept popping up right in front of me, completely blocking my view. Every time I changed my position they were still there! It's not a problem unless it disrupts the gameplay.
                        u can disable the arrows in Warfare afaik, put orders to none in the orders tab.... however... theres no orders tab in CTF

Comment

I find it fascinating that noone was bothered by these arrows in the beta. I mean they couldnt have or you think you would find an option to disable them.

What happened to good old fashion UT2k3 where you had to actively press a button to get those waypoints.

Comment

Working...
                          X