disable white arrows in CTF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

disable white arrows in CTF

can someone explain me how to remove the annoying white arrows in CTF which leads u to the flags. (i so dont understand how EPIC could not make this an option in the menu.... :S)

or did i miss something and its somewhere in the menu?

Must be because of the console considerations (having them there in the first place). I imagine at some stage they took a decision to make both games near identical 'in case' they did ever want to hook them up together (which as far as we know is never gonna happen now). I wonder how many essential keys in total are used in UT3 (PC) and if this tallys up with the amount of buttons on a PS3 controller... if so that could be an answer for a few things (like lack of 'throw weapon' for example, they probably didn't want shouts of 'we can't throw weapons on PS3 so why can they on PC'... and they can't on PS3 because there aren't enough buttons... or something.

I'm just speculating but it does seem as if the console version were primarily in the minds of Epic when the designed almost every aspect of the game from front end to key gameplay issues and controls, the same happened with every other UE3 game so why not this one just because it happened (by pure reason of the PS3 being a pain to develop for and/or due to lack of system owners at the time) to land on PC first doesn't mean it's PC led at all...

Comment

You can select a position when hitting escape iirc. Attacker, defender, orb runner and a few more. If you select None, you probably won't get any arrows.

Comment

OMG are you kidding? NOT an option i remember when that midway guy said "you can turn them on and keep them on" i thought thank god theres an option.. I do NOT want these... Ill do anything to remove them.. gess ill have to search the ini when i get it

Comment

Originally posted by Jrubzjeknf View Post
          You can select a position when hitting escape iirc. Attacker, defender, orb runner and a few more. If you select None, you probably won't get any arrows.
          I did select non and made no diference in the demo

Comment

its like pacman

Comment

Originally posted by Jrubzjeknf View Post
              Try something like that. Though 'None' option should be default.

(epicplzfix)

Comment

there's no "orders tab" in CTF like at warfare.... :/

Comment

please dont tell me still noone found out how to remove them... and were stuck with it tilll EPIC decides to put this in a patch............

Comment

Originally posted by ADiTheMAN View Post
                    i so dont understand how EPIC could not make this an option in the menu....
                    Hmmm, where have I heard that before?

Comment

someone who has the full game - please let us know if and how these silly arrows get removed - thx!

Comment

These menus cost Epic a bundle. Every option on them cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. By keeping the game option-free, Epic is passing the savings on to us!

Comment

Originally posted by Sharpfish View Post
                          Must be because of the console considerations ... I'm just speculating but it does seem as if the console version were primarily in the minds of Epic when the designed almost every aspect of the game from front end to key gameplay issues and controls...
                          Yes, you're speculating, and 100% incorrect. Also note that as Hal pointed out in another thread, many of the "awesome features" that people are wanting returned to UT3 were legacy from UC1, because UT2003/4 was a console game ported to PC. So what you're actually asking for is _more_ console features... Its not a bad thing, I'm not passing judgment one way or the other, just clarifying people's incorrect speculation and rumor-mongering.

Comment

Hi Entropy - can you at least post how to get rid of the arrows that we don't want to see then?

no one would rumor monger if we could get any answers, anything at all. we're really starved for any official info. so all we can do is speculate and its killin us. please throw us a bone any info. at all would be enormously appreciated. thx

Comment

Originally posted by Entropy View Post
                              Yes, you're speculating, and 100% incorrect. Also note that as Hal pointed out in another thread, many of the "awesome features" that people are wanting returned to UT3 were legacy from UC1, because UT2003/4 was a console game ported to PC. So what you're actually asking for is _more_ console features... Its not a bad thing, I'm not passing judgment one way or the other, just clarifying people's incorrect speculation and rumor-mongering.
                              HUH?

uwindows was on UT99 (A pc game) that's the kind of options i'm talking about, since when did consoles give options for AA and Anisotropic filtering and that stuff that i'm talking about? (and yes I know AA in general is a no-no with UE3 but for those of it can work for why not provide the option? it's a step backwards)

Awesome features? no siree, I want options in the menu, i've said enough times that the actual gameplay is spot on for me, I love it.

And whether the FOV thing was in UnrealChamp or not (?) is besides the point, you are not supporting widescreen properly by ignoring the aspect ratio.

all of my valid points have nothing to do with the console version, gameplay aspects apparently did come over to UT2kx but i'm certainly not complaining about UT3s gameplay which is the best yet.

oh and 'key gameplay issues' means things like weapon throw and mouse acceleration (which I'm under the impression is fixed in the retail version), and things like that.. all the minor stuff that adds up.

oh and lastly, there will be a LOT of speculating going on when you've been given all that beta demo feedback and not one response or list of changes or definite fix/no fixes has been posted anywhere... that is a breeding ground for speculation, if you don't like then put our minds at rest and post some firm information for once.

Comment

Working...
                              X