Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WEAPON TOSS IN UT99/2k3/2k4 but not UT3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WEAPON TOSS IN UT99/2k3/2k4 but not UT3?

Reports have it that there isn't a weapon toss in UT3 German release.

Simple question. Why?

I too would like to know.

Comment

I thought I read this was going to be in the retail version.

Comment

sorry, but why do you want weapon toss in?

Comment

I think it's so when they pick up a "used" weapon and it has, like, 1 shot in it, they want to be able to chuck it and get the regular amount of ammo for it.

Comment

Originally posted by FWOOPScom View Post
            I too would like to know.
            So do I. This game is starting to look severely questionable as to whether or not it's worth my $50. Useless Server Browser, tasteless non-user-friendly menus, harrible hardware specs to get a decent FPS........ The list keeps growing. :/

At this point I am going to reserve judgement on the game until I see the ACTUAL demo, not the BETA, but from all reports from the Germanic versions tested, I am not sanguine at all.

Comment

Originally posted by isp_of_doom View Post
              So that I can throw my weapon when it has 1 ammo left and grab a fresh one?

Comment

Originally posted by FWOOPScom View Post
                So that I can throw my weapon when it has 1 ammo left and grab a fresh one?
                Exacto-mundo.

Comment

In TDM (Team Deathmatch) when a teamate spawns and only has an enforcer, I can toss him one of my weapons.. say a Flak Cannon or a Shock Rifle.

TEAM Deathmatch.

And like the others said, when weapon stay is on (such as in CTF) when you're low on ammo you can drop it and pick up a new weapon and have more ammo. UT Fundamentals.

Comment

Oh, thanks for that. (sLY particularly). I hadn't thought it through that much. Don't you pick up extra ammo when you walk over a spawned weapon you already own though?

Comment

Originally posted by sLY1838 View Post
                      In TDM (Team Deathmatch) when a teamate spawns and only has an enforcer, I can toss him one of my weapons.. say a Flak Cannon or a Shock Rifle.

TEAM Deathmatch.

And like the others said, when weapon stay is on (such as in CTF) when you're low on ammo you can drop it and pick up a new weapon and have more ammo. UT Fundamentals.
                      Exactly. Weapon tossing is an integral part of TDM and CTF. ONS was different because no matter what you could get more ammo from a locker or whatever they were called.

Comment

Oh, thanks for that. (sLY particularly). I hadn't thought it through that much. Don't you pick up extra ammo when you walk over a spawned weapon you already own though?
                        Only if weapon stay is off. Weapon stay is off by default in 1v1 and TDM. In 1v1 you obviously don't need to toss your weapon but in TDM you need to be able to give your freshly spawned teamates weapons.

In CTF weapon stay is on by default so its more about ammo supply since anyone on the team can grab the weapon.

To answer your question though, when weapon stay is ON you don't get additional ammo when you run over the weapon if you already have that particular weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by sLY1838 View Post

TEAM Deathmatch.

Precisely.Last I read it's in.

Originally posted by -echohawk- View Post
                          So do I. This game is starting to look severely questionable as to whether or not it's worth my $50. Useless Server Browser, tasteless non-user-friendly menus, harrible hardware specs to get a decent FPS........ The list keeps growing. :/

At this point I am going to reserve judgement on the game until I see the ACTUAL demo, not the BETA, but from all reports from the Germanic versions tested, I am not sanguine at all.
                          My thoughts exactly.Quite concerned to say the least.

Comment

one more reason for a comp mod or mutator. UTComp3, here we come.

Comment

Yow! Is bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X