No announcement yet.

Post characters screenshots here!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the reason EPIC included the Force Model option is to better suit people with low-end PCs, not to appease the people trying to squeeze out every inch of advantage they can get.

Personally, it takes me quite long to load up a demo map - and that's with only one player model. When I get the full game, it'll likely take almost twice as long to load, because of all the additional models, textures, voicepacks, etc... not to mention the decreased in-game framerate.

Despite all this, I likely still won't force player models, unless the game is unplayable. I like to see the model people chose. It tells you something about them and their play style.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazureus View Post
      I BETTER FORCE HER TO BE A BIG FAT MALE
      Sorry but I laughed really hard at that.

Comment

Could someone post some screenshots on characters abit like this one: http://www.freakygaming.com/gallery/...rmor_model.jpg

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Rhykker View Post
          I think the reason EPIC included the Force Model option is to better suit people with low-end PCs, not to appease the people trying to squeeze out every inch of advantage they can get.
          Bah it's a BS excuse. If such an insignifiant feature is absolutly needed for you because you struggle for fps, well your PC will still be too bad to make the game run decently. This thing is just for lamers who want to see bigger models. I agree they shouldn't let us force it but Epic was too dumb to think about it as they said in an interview that they didn't wanted people to lower settings to see enemies better.

At least it's not gonna be as lame as the very dark and ugly female robot in UT2004 that no one could see.

Comment

Well, given the option I wouldn't force models, and never did. I think most pub players are the same, so most WILL see me as I intended, the others don't and I don't really care - I'll always look like me to me, and to mostly everyone else.

So why worry?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazureus View Post
              Great, everyone's going to do that so they can squeeze an advantage, making character models useless. I wanted to be female online, but it looks like that won't happen in the full game. I'm seriously now thinking about not bothering buying the game .

I finally find a new generation FPS game that has good female models in it, and they're going to be useless.. and no, don't tell me "oh you can' see yourself"... yeah, when I'm riding the hoverboard? Dead? That's it. I want to actually be portrayed to others the way I picked it in the game, but if everyone can just easily turn off models, then what's the point? Cuz everyone's going to turn off models simply because females are a little thinner.. OH NOES I CANT SEE HER, I BETTER FORCE HER TO BE A BIG FAT MALE INSTEAD! actually,everyone will probably force to Krall so that they're all huge and easy targets.

This really disappoints me. I just wanted a new generation FPS game where females get to be part of the action too, guess I was wrong. Despite how many epic provides, everyone is going to have the mentality of turning it off for the sake of being able to snipe better or whatever... The only new generation FPS game with graphics like this, and bam the whole thing gets shot down by the stupidest option ever.
              People forced juggernaut in UT2k4 but there were girl juggernauts so....
              I agree though, I want people to see who I am. Although now when I play 2004 I play as a Jugg. lol. The majority of the people who play unreal will not be forcing characters. The majority of people playing UT3 will just be playing it cause' they think it's a fun game and will be totally ignorant to the community and all the details.
              I think you should buy the game though, I won't be forcing models so you can play with me

Comment

Originally posted by L'enculeur View Post
                Bah it's a BS excuse. If such an insignifiant feature is absolutly needed for you because you struggle for fps, well your PC will still be too bad to make the game run decently. This thing is just for lamers who want to see bigger models. I agree they shouldn't let us force it but Epic was too dumb to think about it as they said in an interview that they didn't wanted people to lower settings to see enemies better.
                As an example... I played both UT99 and Quake 3 Arena when they came out (though my fav was by far UT99). I could run the Q3A demo just fine.

But when I got the full version of Q3A, the loading times for levels were just insane - luckily, in Q3A, they show you what is being loaded, and I saw all the various character models were what was taking so long.

Now, the UT3 demo already takes me a minute or so to load a level. Online, I am always the last (or one of the last) people to load into a new game at the end of a match. I have a very busy schedule, and play for only an hour or two a week. (I get decent FPS, btw, at 1024x768 and world/tex set to 1.) So if I have to wait for 5 minutes to load up all the full version characters models at the start of every match, it simply will not be worth my time, and I appreciate the fact that EPIC included all these options for people who cannot afford to update their PCs at the moment.

One day, in a couple years, I'll have a rig good enough to hopefully max out UT3. Until then, I just want to play the game, even it if means seeing everyone as the same, goofy demo model (frankly, I think I would have preferred *any* other model).

Comment

Originally posted by Bebo View Post
                  People forced juggernaut in UT2k4 but there were girl juggernauts so....
                  Sure ... but it forced female juggernauts -> male juggernauts regardless.
                  It definitely is the worst option possible in a game like this.
                  I really wished Epic had listened or at least had allowed females to keep their voice.

// ---
                  I guess there really is a need for a botmanager/editor this time as well
                  All I need is the game and a way to read packages, because I need to practice my .Net-skills anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by [LX7][Dezoris] View Post
                    *Cough* *Skaarj* *Cough*
                    i would like to see them in ue3, because their look in ut2k4 sucked. they were just too thin.

would like to see them as big bad mother****ers like in unreal 2 with huge muscles and giant blades on their arms, just like the predator they are inspired from.

and i would love to see h. r. gigers aliens in this engine making sick death screams and their wierd sounds when the get spanked by a flak.

Comment

No Malcolm? But his model is in the game... I guess... You can see him on the videos... Ain't that a cutscene? Just a Video? If the model is in the game I guess one of you skilled guys could make it selectable, right?

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
                        Liandri

Matrix ^
                        [shot]http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9987/screenshot00026yi1.jpg[/shot][shot]http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/750/screenshot00027qi4.jpg[/shot]
                        Ew...
                        Looks like some loose collection of tinker toys and plastic

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Vipes View Post
                          I wish the robot in my avi came back, he was my fav.

Axon, lest we foget.
                          I know, i noticed he wasnt on there either *sigh*...we can always hope for a bonus pack...or a mod...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyllian View Post
                            Ew...
                            Looks like some loose collection of tinker toys and plastic
                            He will probley look more cooler and like UT2k4's robots once you customise him. Rembper that pict that somone confused with that lizard/dinsor species for UT2004? weill that is the same bot. The head for that bot is ulgy, while the body is sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Vipes View Post
                              He will probley look more cooler and like UT2k4's robots once you customise him. Rembper that pict that somone confused with that lizard/dinsor species for UT2004? weill that is the same bot. The head for that bot is ulgy, while the body is sweet.
                              Isn't Matrix a 'female' droid?
                              Either way, I kinda like from the waist down, but the rest looks too weak to survive a battle

Comment

yea, and ut2004 matrix was a she

now a he?

And im glad some people still like Axon, the orangail Xan

Comment

Working...
                                X