No announcement yet.

Post characters screenshots here!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF, only 4 faction and about 15 caracters in the whole campaign or that you get to choose from?!?

People said that the Beta Demo only had medium-quality graphics and Epic said that UT3 should make GoW looks "ugly", well it's far from being impressive and look pretty much like the demo to me... . Not to forget the insane blur that is still present everywhere.

Oh and the new robots are kind of lame. They look like the one in the movie "I Robot". Those from UT2004, not the huge ones, were much better. Wish we could also customize the size of the breast lol.

Comment

That's the unlockables, there are of course characters that are unlocked from the get go.

I just counted them 26 total, 15 base characters, 2 pre-order once, 8 unlockables and 1 "bugged", though yes one of the necris characters is the same as another but got a forced face mask.
      6 Iron Guard
      6 Ronin
      4 Krall
      6 Necris
      4 Liandri

Comment

Ill be making some new characters of my own. Cant wait to drop it in the editor.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazureus View Post
          Heh, UT3 is the only game that even features females in this generation, anyways. Most FPS companies are anti-female these days. ._.
          yeah, I wish character models are more balanced between both genders

Comment

Anyone know how many unique female/male human faces there are to choose from? Real human faces, not including masks, etc.

Comment

Iron Guard:
              1+2 Female, 3 Male. 1 of the females is unlockable in the campaign and another female is a pre-order "exclusive"

Ronin:
              2 Female, 3(+1) Male, one male you can only get from editing the INI files.

Necris: (not Humans exactly but close enough)
              0+2 Female, 0+3 Male, one male that just got a mask (I don't count him in any way). One female is unlocked in the SP campaign the other from pre-order. All males are unlocked in the SP.

Thus: 7 females in total, 2 of which are from pre-orders and 2 from SP, thus only 3 by default, and 9 male, 10 if you count the "bonus" one, 3 of which are locked from the start, thus 6 to begin.

3 Females, 6 Males -> 5+2 Females, 9+1 Males after unlocks. Total of 14(+3)
              The 2 pre-order characters and the 1 guy that isn't unlockable in the game are all unlockable in INIs same as the rest.

There are 4 Krall and 4 Liandri also, One of each is unlocked in the SP so 3 to start.

Total of 25 Unique characters. And one clone.

Comment

thanks for the info krill! but ****, the selection of faces is skimpier than i thought

Comment

Yeah, but it should be easy enough to make more, a lot less work making one face than making a whole model from scratch, and the customization options are extensive, you can hide part of the face or all of it behind goggles/masks/helmets or a combination of them.

Also faces in UT3 all seem to have unique models not only textures, might be one of the reasons why there is a lack of them, you can of course just copy an existing one and change it's texture but it seems all heads in the game have their own model, which is a lot nicer than UT2004 where you had 2-4~ people with the same head but different textures.

It also means Slain's larger than averange nose pokes through one face mask. *giggles*

Comment

Ugh. So UT3 has an option to force player models to one specific one? I hate it when games do that, because I like to pick a character and have everyone see it as that.

An option like this means that not everyone will be seeing me as I intended for them to see me, which bugs me to hell.

As far as customization goes: customization is nice, but the problem with custom-made player models/textures in these games is, no one else will see it

Comment

You can both force one model (same as demo guy) or force no customization.

Comment

Great, everyone's going to do that so they can squeeze an advantage, making character models useless. I wanted to be female online, but it looks like that won't happen in the full game. I'm seriously now thinking about not bothering buying the game .

I finally find a new generation FPS game that has good female models in it, and they're going to be useless.. and no, don't tell me "oh you can' see yourself"... yeah, when I'm riding the hoverboard? Dead? That's it. I want to actually be portrayed to others the way I picked it in the game, but if everyone can just easily turn off models, then what's the point? Cuz everyone's going to turn off models simply because females are a little thinner.. OH NOES I CANT SEE HER, I BETTER FORCE HER TO BE A BIG FAT MALE INSTEAD! actually,everyone will probably force to Krall so that they're all huge and easy targets.

This really disappoints me. I just wanted a new generation FPS game where females get to be part of the action too, guess I was wrong. Despite how many epic provides, everyone is going to have the mentality of turning it off for the sake of being able to snipe better or whatever... The only new generation FPS game with graphics like this, and bam the whole thing gets shot down by the stupidest option ever.

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
                          You can both force one model (same as demo guy) or force no customization.
                          force model is the WORST OPTION EVER. great - we arent allowed to play the model we select (again)?! somehow a very bad design choice force models should not be in a game) - worst option ever.

maybe only as an option in competitive settings is one thing, but come on...

if i choose to play Akasha i should not look like Demo Guy - this stunk in ut200x and it still smells. whats the point in being able to do anything fun with a model if other players can negate it?

(and wheres our voice menu? )

Comment

That's exactly my argument, UnrealGrrl, but if you go on an IRC channel with a bunch of guys and say this, they will throw the 'anyone who isn't a public player will want to force models so they can see everyone the best, because females are hard to see' and other chauvinistic ****.

What, females can't be in an FPS game because they're a bit thinner than a guy? Get real, the hitboxes are the same and I personally can see female models just fine! What's the deal? Ugh!

People will also then say that in real life, very few soldiers are women.. and one even posted a youtube video of a woman getting hit by her own scope and using that to justify women not being good for military games. WTF. Women can do whatever a guy can, so they need to take their sexist attitudes and shove it!

This option shouldn't exist, players .. pro or not .. should accept what other players want to be. IMO if they use this option to make everyone look big and bulky to see them fine, it's not showing they're skilled enough in all situations, they have to put on training wheels (i.e. big bulky characters for EVERYONE) to be 'good'. They can't be 'good' if their opponent is a female and not a krall or a big bulky male/

Comment

Originally posted by Lazureus View Post
                              I want to actually be portrayed to others the way I picked it in the game, but if everyone can just easily turn off models, then what's the point?

This really disappoints me. I just wanted a new generation FPS game where females get to be part of the action too, guess I was wrong. Despite how many epic provides, everyone is going to have the mentality of turning it off for the sake of being able to snipe better or whatever... The only new generation FPS game with graphics like this, and bam the whole thing gets shot down by the stupidest option ever.
                              QFT - im not saying clans and competitions cant do it if they want to. forcing models in competition is one thing. forcing them in the rest of the game just sucks. at least if we're forcing a "base" model" it should be keyed to Sex & Race, Jester, Robot or Akasha should never look like a Demo Guy!

no one should be able to change what I've chosen my model to look like - thats just NFG. it also makes no sense in the design scheme Epic took on here with taking away choices that don't allow us to change how the game is seen. we're supposed to be playing the game as it was designed. not a Gorge-a-palooza of Demo Guys running around Unrealverse...

Comment

I fully agree, I just say what's in the game, not what I actually want.

Comment

Working...
                                X