Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's pretty decent indeed.

Comment

It would have been fun to at least customize Xan or Malcolm though.

Comment

Or Gorge...

Comment

There's definitely more options than previous UT games, but I'm a little disappointed in the overall "meh" feeling I get from almost every aspect of this game. I've loved every Unreal game to date, but it pains me to have to keep settling for the way the final version appears it will be.
          I just hope the single player campaign is worth the bill because multiplayer alone isn't going to cut it.

Comment

Well in UT3 a "character" is just a bunch of parameters, what faction, gender, default armor pieces and what face, the faces are unique among the standard characters + unlockable once, but most of the "bots" have the same face as some other character and only changed armor, most of em got a helmet to hide the fact the face is identical.

So the only truly unique part is the face, the body and armor is shared among the rest of the characters of the same faction and gender, You could make a Gorge face and put him into Ronin/Iron Guard/Necris, or make your own armor and body and make a whole new faction for him (juggs).

Comment

*Cough* *Skaarj* *Cough*

Comment

You could easily put a Skaarj face on a Kraal body, less work though it might not be suitable.

Comment

Originally posted by [LX7][Dezoris] View Post
                  *Cough* *Skaarj* *Cough*
                  Yea, really.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Vipes View Post
                    yea, i cant wate to play as my Ihskar race, i got the sounds and voices done :P
                    me too - im hoping to do alot of voicepacks and sounds for the game, but i dont see any option to select a voice for characters!? yikes! another missing option we need back Epic, please

Comment

You can copy the old character and change his default armor and voice etc, you can take a Ronin guy and give him the voice of anyone else for instance, and setup his armor differently, dunno if that works online though, since their INI files doesn't have your "new character".

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
                        You can copy the old character and change his default armor and voice etc, you can take a Ronin guy and give him the voice of anyone else for instance, and setup his armor differently, dunno if that works online though, since their INI files doesn't have your "new character".
                        Then whats the use of customizing your charater if no one is gona see?

Comment

... You can customize at will and everyone sees it unless they've chosen not to, but you can't change your voice that way, you're stuck with the voice of the character you've chosen, you can however change all their armor and other stuff.

Comment

I wish the robot in my avi came back, he was my fav.

Axon, lest we foget.

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
                              ... You can customize at will and everyone sees it unless they've chosen not to, but you can't change your voice that way, you're stuck with the voice of the character you've chosen, you can however change all their armor and other stuff.
                              that was the point of my message. we could choose voices in UT and UT2kx and now that option is missing. it'd be very nice to have that back so we can customize bots and characters online and off (without INI editing) and so voicepacks can be used in the game again.

Comment

I know what you meant, that was a reply to LV.

Comment

Working...
                                X