X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by MikeHunt View Post
    this version of the german release is sans gore. why it's earlier i have no idea, i think the full version will be 19th and after, 23rd for uk, and germany will on ly have the full gore version available later like the rest of us.
    Official release note from Midway regarding why it's earlier for Germany:

We want to thank the true German fans of this franchise with the early release. And that the German community added a huge part of the UT franchise's sucess in the past.

Now, Germany is definitely UT country. Considering it's small size (less than Montana!) and the amount of people I'd say that there are more Germans playing UT than there are Americans (relative, players per inhabitants). Many successful mods and full conversions where made in Germany as well.

Still, is it a coincidence that the version that's being released today is the only one that's cut and not multilingual? Or is it rather just a fancy explanation for Midway trying to move Germans into actually buying the cut version and not trying to import the game (only people over 18 years are able/allowed to import it so they'd lose sales for everyone that's younger)?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    this version of the german release is sans gore. why it's earlier i have no idea, i think the full version will be 19th and after, 23rd for uk, and germany will on ly have the full gore version available later like the rest of us.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Entil'Zha View Post
    Yea, you can download it tonight.
    Hope your German isn't rusty. The German version is both cut and not multilingual.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yea, you can download it tonight.

But if you're asking for a legal version, I think it's next Monday, no sooner.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    They didn't get an early release as in "official release date is the 23rd, but Germany got it today".

The 12th is the official release date for Germany. Earlier than the rest of the world, but not early in respect to, well, the official release date for Germany.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Early Release Date?

Early Release Date?

Early Release Date? Since the German Community got an early release date does the mean that the U.S. community will get early release as well?
Working...
X