mac version release date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mac version release date?

yo. any idea when a version for OS-X will be out?

When it's done.

Which shouldn't be to long now, when the game for PC went gold it stopped being a moving target for the port.

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
      When it's done.
      Quotes should count for the char limit.

Comment

i was hopeing for something a little more, err, exact?

Comment

Too early to tell, my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by sambo. View Post
            i was hopeing for something a little more, err, exact?
            http://icculus.org/ the site of the guy making the Linux and Mac version.

Comment

macs... Ptooi...

Comment

stfu brundle.

Comment

lol he's right tho ;x

Comment

For reference -- the Linux version of UT2004 that I ran was one of the most stable and smooth games I've played on any platform. Mac is a derivative of BSD. I'm willing to bet you'd get very similar stability. One thing that they would have to do is figure out how to disable the Mac GUI effects when launching UT. When I ran compiz or beryl I would have to kick out of those before UT would run correctly.

Comment

I am guessing it won't be too much longer than the PC release... However, I agree, it would sure be nice gesture to get the authoritive word on this.

Donovan

Comment

Silly Mac user, games are for PC.

Comment

i'm not getting into a mac vs windows debate.

i'm asking a fair question and would appreciate idiots like yourself to keep your foolish comments to yourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by sambo. View Post
                            i'm not getting into a mac vs windows debate.

i'm asking a fair question and would appreciate idiots like yourself to keep your foolish comments to yourselves.
                            There is no debate...

macs... Ptooi...

HAHAHAHA...

Comment

The Mac vs. PC thing was a bit more valid 10 years ago when computers were actually different... different parts, different software... along with Amiga and Commodore platforms.

Along with the advent of nerds being able to utter any feeble flame comments freely on the internet that they want without getting their pimply face punched, there to started the trend toward more alike computers. ;-)

If you are comparing Mac's and PC's today... you have to be a bit more detail oriented... because the components can be very much alike. Apple probably comes with, on average, the higher end components compared to PC's... but that is really an in-valid comparison because all the good components are offered for both platforms. With so many IBM clones out there, one really can't compare all of them in one bundle to Apple. Most all credited organizations that do reviews/comparisons do not compare Apple's to PC's these days... they compare Apple to another computer company which makes more sense. Dell to Apple (for example) would be a much more valid comparison.

If you've ever opened up an Apple box, you will know what I'm talking about when I say "wow". Having been a system's admin for years, I can appreciate the Apple engineering... noone can deny that. The box is just beauty, inside and out. Now does that make it perform better? Perhaps a bit... Especially in the areas of longevity and cooling. However, I wouldn't say that Apples have an edge over Dells in hardware performance.. or vise versa. There is just too many ways to configure each.

The other comparison, which is perhaps a more pertinant comparison, is the OS's. Apple is not only a Hardware maker, it is an OS maker. For example, Dell is primarily a hardware maker (though it makes some software.. firmware and other). As far as OS's go, I have just never liked windows (Microsoft). They are a manipulative company and there product is not that great... never has been. Linux, Unix, Apple have always been the better innovator. In fact, most of the things that can be called "good" in windows are ideas directly from the later stated OS's. The moral here is that you can have a so-so product and be a "good" salesman/businessman and make a lot of money. Sure, M$oft has had a good idea or two... but unfortuneately, they pale, in comparison.

If you want to buy an IBM clone... do so.. just quickly install linux over the other software...

Now, silly PC'ers.. don't hate us enlightened Mac users for our good choice.

Donovan

Comment

Working...
                              X