• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark Rein on PS3, PhysX and Pwnage, Bit-Tech

Click
    Thought it might be of some interest!

I found this quote interesting:

Joe Martin: So, the PlayStation 3 and PC version aren’t compatible at all?

Mark Rein: “Not quite. There’s still some interaction between them. If you own both then you can start up your PC and set it to run a dedicated server just for PS3 and use that, which is so, so cool in my opinion. The mutators and mods are compatible too and can be taken from PC to PS3.
    You can start up your PC and set it to run a dedicated server just for PS3?!

This sounds like PS3's can log onto PC servers! (jaw drops)

Comment

Originally posted by Ultron View Post

From page 2 of this Nov 9, 2007 article:
      http://pc.ign.com/articles/834/834098p1.html

"What's more, user-mods created on the PC will also be compatible on the PlayStation 3 version of the game."

Comment

I'm thinking that, you may not be able to play on a PC server, but you can download the content from one. And perhaps use some cache scouring utility to dig it out and make a mod with it. Or something. (braincells firing)

Comment

You won't be able to play on PC servers, you will be able to host PS3 servers on the PC.

Comment

i wonder then if a PC can be configured to join a PS3 server ? [/stupidquestion]

Comment

And I doubt the same software is used, you will have to download a special dedicated server build to make it a PS3 server most likely.

Comment

Rein should of said, "The PC menu / server browser is a direct port from PS3 and will NOT be changed at all." lulz

Comment

Originally posted by Ultron View Post

I heard they will eventually make pc/ps3 cross platform play possible, but right now, the games just coming out and will recieve patches and stuff i think once final patch is released they might enable ps3/pc play i saw mark talking about that, that's one reason because for ps3 to get patches needs all kinds of certification and ****.

Comment

We actually want Mark Rein to tell us why they made the menu suck so much.

Comment

I really don't see what the big deal is given that the PS3 has a hard drive to put the mod content on. They need to sort out interoperability, but it seems very very doable.

Comment

I've read in an interview where you can check or uncheck a box to tell the server whether it is going to be for PS3 or PC.

Comment

“With the PlayStation 3 version though, there’s all this certification stuff to go through. The game has to be approved and so on. That really holds things up in some ways…
                          That's funny because in many ways the UT3 "Beta" demo didn't pass certification with the fans of the game.

Comment

Working...
                          X