Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7200 RPM vs 10000 RPM?

Hello,

I was just wondering if there's a lot of difference in the 2 different kind of HDD's qua performance ingame, and in normal use.

Thanks

Not noticeable, and certainly not worth the cost.

Comment

In HDD tests alot of 7,200's actually perform just as well and are silent 10k means you can hear it. I'd get a samsung spinpoint as I have very fast and silent! I did have a WD Raptor I am speaking for experience, it broke going to send it off to WD to get it fixed!

Comment

One thing I notice is my Raptors run cooler than my backup SATA II drives. They are fast and quite noticeably so against first generation SATA drives.

Comment

Originally posted by thaDAWG View Post
          One thing I notice is my Raptors run cooler than my backup SATA II drives. They are fast and quite noticeably so against first generation SATA drives.
          You bring up a good point. The SATA I drives can not compete with the Raptors. The SATA II's are much better in comparison. The Raptors are also designed to outlast the SATA I/II standard drives.

Comment

they with help with the UE3 streaming.. if you have the money... that reminds me to update my sig

Comment

I have a raptor and it only really better for things like installing, virus scan, and decreasing load times before a match. I dont think theres much of a difference in game, but this is what Ive always had so it may or may not help.

Comment

I think the extra $100 would be better spent on ram or gfx.

Comment

When Raptors first came out the difference was quite noticeable, at least to me. However, today's SATA2 drives can be quite fast. I actually removed my Raptors awhile ago in favor of SATA2 RAID arrays.

Comment

Working...
                  X