How good am I...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How good am I...

If I can beat 9 adept bots on shangrila (or however it's spelled), by a lead of +12?

Originally posted by Omnes Vulnerant View Post
    If I can beat 9 adept bots on shangrila (or however it's spelled), by a lead of +12?

Come back when you can beat 10 godlikes (or even 1, for that matter).

Comment

Bots are an inadequate way of measuring skill anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Simeon View Post
        why do you say that?

Comment

Originally posted by flak.pt View Post
          Come back when you can beat 10 godlikes (or even 1, for that matter).
          ok, I'll put on godmode then come back, lolololololol

Comment

why do you say that?
            Because bots simply do the things they were programmed to do (i.e. hit/miss with a certain accuracy, depending on difficulty level) whereas human players can change strategies midgame or wait at specific points in the level to surprise the opponent. The bots are fine opponents but they can't replace a human (yet?).

Comment

Because bots simply do the things they were programmed to do (i.e. hit/miss with a certain accuracy, depending on difficulty level) whereas human players can change strategies midgame or wait at specific points in the level to surprise the opponent. The bots are fine opponents but they can't replace a human (yet?).
              In Crysis, bots are pretty freaking realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by GG-Xtreme View Post
                Yeah, they're getting better of course

Comment

Originally posted by GG-Xtreme View Post
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=GNRvYqTKqFY

LOLOLOL

Comment

Originally posted by Battle Crab View Post
                    wow that's just sad.

it will be awhile before bots will be able to be as good as humans in a FPS game.

Comment

why do you say that?
                      Because even thou the UT3 bots are really well made they don't behave as live opponents. If you beat 9 adepts it means that you have started to use your head, but you would be an easy prey for 9 live opponents (well this depends on their skill oc^^). A better way to improve is to start out with 1 inhuman bot, in my experience inhumans are more human like (lol) then the godlike, not in difficulty but in over all behavior. Play the inhuman bot, practice on keeping your health and armor full, try to grab the pickups before the bot and find routes around the map that enables you to get around quickly and gives you an advantage, i.e. if you get killed, how to quickly gear up without running straight into the arms of your opponent. When you have beaten him 3 times in a row add a bot and work your way up until you have 7 inhuman bots under control. Then you are ready to go online and get spanked. ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Battle Crab View Post
                        Haha.. what about http://youtube.com/watch?v=vre1ABXbMoM

Comment

Well if you play bots long enough you'll begin to see certain patterns they use, I must say they are greatly improved compared to both ut99 and ut2k4, so atleast I have some more trouble with them then I used to but I guess in a month or two it will be a walk in the park.

Comment

It IS an adequate way of measuring skill, but it's so specific that you can't really give any real value to it, so I do agree with this post.

Comment

True and the Godlike bots aint so tough, not boasting just helping I think. But yeah 1 v 1 I pwned it but I haven't tried more than one yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X