Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which will get more online players PS3 or PC?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which will get more online players PS3 or PC?

Im dont know much if anything about games i just play them. Im just wondering though im not worried about the lack of people who will be on the online servers for UT3, will more people be playing on the PC version as i expect or will more be playing the PS3 version UT3? I used to play ut2k4 commonly and would also like to know if there will be more players playing online on average on UT3 the UTK4? I know theres no deffinate awnser i would of thought that more will have the ps3 version as as i beleive theirs more people who have ps3 consoles then good PC's .

Originally posted by owenp185 View Post
    I beleive theirs more people who have ps3 consoles then good PC's .
    You sure? There are only 5M PS3 sold. How many of them willl buy UT3, and how many DO have a internet connection? Besides the PS3 eddition won't have a Editor, and cant be tweaked. Im sure the game will be more populair online on PC then on PS3 or Xbox360.

Comment

Of course more PC people will be playing this game online ... UT has its roots in the PC gaming scene and though UT was also available for the PS2 the ease of using the PC to get online was much more popular and then with UT2K4 and ONS the bar was really raised. No way more PS3 users will ever exist.

Comment

FPS gamers are in general more at home on the PC than consoles, I doubt the PS3 version will have a larger online community.

Comment

PS3 is the worst selling console at the moment of the current generation, I would expect the Xbox 360 to have more, but of course the PC will have more than them both.

Comment

Thanks for your replies thinking about it UT3 should have have a similar sized online community as other ps3 first person shooters.

Comment

All of the real UT fans will buy UT3 for their PC and play online, that said UT3 will have more people online on the PC. The few people who will buy UT3 for PS3, or Xbox because the box art is so cool, probably wont ever go online.

Comment

i say PC version will have more players eventually

Comment

PC will probably end up with more players than the PS3 and the 360 combined.

Comment

I'm buying it for both the PC and PS3 (simply because the PS3 has kb/m) and I will take both online but the PC community will be enormous compared to the PS3 community. Eventually the PS3 community will become "big" but there are just more people with PC's than PS3's and there probably always will be.

Comment

Originally posted by H.M.Roman View Post
                      You sure? There are only 5M PS3 sold. How many of them willl buy UT3, and how many DO have a internet connection? Besides the PS3 eddition won't have a Editor, and cant be tweaked. Im sure the game will be more populair online on PC then on PS3 or Xbox360.

PS3 has wifi....

Comment

Yeah but you still need an internet connection to make use of wifi. And gaming over wifi isn't a great idea.

Comment

I believe there will be more people on pc... First because in the PC you have better playability, and second because the game is not THAT heavy. Even with not so good PCs you can play it decently. But the PS3 is still kinda expensive, specially out of Japan and the USA. Also, Unreal was born in the PC... It's a game for PC players... Console gamers are just lucky to have their version...

Comment

Originally posted by H.M.Roman View Post
                            ...Besides the PS3 eddition won't have a Editor, and cant be tweaked...
                            Well, according to the producers they are using the PS3 open network. So you'll be able to make modifications(on your pc) and upload them to the PS3.

Well, I'm sticking to the PC version anyway, haha...

Comment

PC 4ever!

Comment

Working...
                              X