Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changes between Beta Demo and Full Release? Post question - Get answer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dfruchter View Post
    YES. It looks a LOT better. I'm not sure why Epic released what they did, many of the final maps are really high quality and blow the demo maps away.
    They answered this. It was because they didn't want the beta-demo to be too large of a download, so they lowered the textures (or something to that effect).

Comment

LOL @ this thread.....just a big wad of wah-wah-wah.

Trust me, if you're hardcore enough to not like it, you're in a minority. Epic will patch some stuff out no doubt....the menu seems to be a popular gripe as is the server browser, but the rest of the **** being talked about here is so minute and idiosyncratic that I doubt Epic bends over backward and spends expensive developer time to tweak gameplay just to suit a small minority of gamers, no matter how hardocore.

The rest of the stuff sounds like it can be mutated out if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Minimaul View Post
        At least it's in there; things aren't looking too bad for us TDMers.

14 maps
        ff, ws
        kills/death in scoreboard (do we have confirmation on that?)
        Not sure, Mini. But on another note, first reports are that we won't have TW unless it is either patched in or modded.

Comment

why did the Q&A first post just say it looks the same in grphx? was it in the first post or did the germans say so? i forget. either way i got the impression the grphx are the same **** thing.

yea this game should be fine. i also hope they allow us to change the sensitivity more ACCURATELY instead of increments of 1

Comment

Originally posted by kray28 View Post

The rest of the stuff sounds like it can be mutated out if needed.
            Well that's kind of some of the purpose here. We need a good understanding of what is/isn't/hasn't/won't be available so that everyone can put their heads together and decide on a competitive mod.

Other than some surprising upsets (for me it's no TW ) I'd say the game looks pretty sweet.

Comment

Yah i know Chameleon, but if you want people to buy your game, give 'em the good stuff. So the demo would have been larger, people would have downloaded regardless.

It would be like releasing a crysis demo on the lowest settings, it looks like garbage. IMO, you release a demo with CTF-OmnicronDawn and one of the warfare maps at full detail, and people would be raving. Epic wtf?

The reason I posted that though, was precisely b/c this thread says no changes in terms of graphics. And I think thats kinda BS, the final looks MUCH better (if only because maps are better quality).

Comment

Guys relax.

I know Epic has handled this like bozo's, but the game itself is really good. The maps in the full version make the demo look like ****. All of this demo=final stuff isn't really true IMO.

Game mechanics, yes, it is the same. But the actual maps, the world you're playing in is much much better. And to the question in the topic: does it look better?

YES. It looks a LOT better. I'm not sure why Epic released what they did, many of the final maps are really high quality and blow the demo maps away. There's a lot of really good stuff in there and the game's a blast to play.

They fixed the mouse fps issue (which was huge), my only real beef is the lack of weapon throw at this point. Yes I'd like to see a better UI, better browser, fix eye height etc, but honestly these don't make the game not fun.

The game is really fun, it looks amazing (unlike beta), and should be an absolute blast. So quit being so pessimistic, its actually really good.
                That's why so many of us are pushing so hard for the changes. They would take minimal efforts and would improve the game by a whole lot. It's like they got really close to finishing the game, but then at the last moment threw in some place holder **** from the console versions and started working on something else. I could have waited the week it would have taken to fix this stuff.

Comment

Oh I agree, but I think people are confusing "usability" issues with "playability" issues.

UI/Server browser do NOT prevent the GAME from being good, just prevent you from USING the game as happily as you might. Its frustrating, its stupid, and it makes me scratch my head too.

But I think people need to get perspective, the actual final game is really, really good. The quality of the content is amazing to me, I've played since Unreal1. This is by far the most consistent quality stuff they've ever produced.

Don't let usability issues get you down

Comment

You're doing good work Mr.Anaderson. Very nice new answers.

Comment

Oh I agree, but I think people are confusing "usability" issues with "playability" issues.

UI/Server browser do NOT prevent the GAME from being good, just prevent you from USING the game as happily as you might. Its frustrating, its stupid, and it makes me scratch my head too.

But I think people need to get perspective, the actual final game is really, really good. The quality of the content is amazing to me, I've played since Unreal1. This is by far the most consistent quality stuff they've ever produced.

Don't let usability issues get you down
                      Well said, people put so much on these issues that aren't even part of the actual gameplay.

The game isn't going to suck because of some menu issues or "Oh no I can't switch my weapons fast enough, have my fov change and my crosshairs neon green so aiming is easier!" Or some other opinionated mess. I know I had tons of fun with the demo, and I still do, and the full game will be even better.

Comment

BTW, I made a new version of my Q&A. It looks a bit better this way:
                        http://www.ii-clan.com/Q&A.html

It also has the latest questions and answers atm.

Comment

Originally posted by DX860424 View Post
                          OKay...so after having played the full version here is my opinnion...

Cons:

- Insta looks just plain wierd O.o the reason for this is that the shots dont actually come out of the insta weapon model but from above your head O.o

Could you post a screenshot of this phenomenon?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Anaderson View Post
                            Q: Can you join to server as a spectator?
                            A: Only through the console (open ip?password=xxxx?spectatoronly=1/)
                            Why they didn't add a right click menu with the option to spectate?
                            Man so much things need to be fixed... Hope they will do

Comment

Yah i know Chameleon, but if you want people to buy your game, give 'em the good stuff. So the demo would have been larger, people would have downloaded regardless.
                              Ahh, ok. I didn't realize you were speaking figuratively. In that case, yeah I see your point. They may change it for the 'regular' demo.

Comment

Is there any indication that someone grapped to your vehicle with hook?

Comment

Working...
                                X