Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changes between Beta Demo and Full Release? Post question - Get answer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chiln_Viln View Post
    I have a couple of new questions:

Can you throw weapons?

Can you set piped switch weapon binds?

Read above your own post

Comment

Originally posted by Sabrina
      I only have played for ~1 hour, but the game looks 99% like the demo (only some slight changes if u take a closer look).
      Those who disliked the demo, won't like the full release.

epic better brings out a patch very soon or RIP UT3

Ya, thanks for that. Anyway you can help answer some of our questions now?

Comment

Originally posted by xi0s View Post
        Read above your own post
        Ya that is a copy and paste from the pre-release party. I want to know if the changes Midway promised were actually delivered in the full retail "gold" version.

Comment

Unless they change the major issues i.e. user interface, I may just stick with UT99. It sucks to say that because I really did think UT3 was a nice combo between UT99 and UT2K4. Though between the menus, no web admin, and some of the various other items, I can see myself getting very frustrated with the game.

Comment

Originally posted by BigShot View Post
            oh brother, once again...you will find NO major changes (and not even most of the minor ones you wanted) between the demo and the gold release...if you wouldnt like to play a game that resembles the demo 99% then DONT waste your money buying it next week (or whenever it comes out). No GUI menu changes, no gameplay changes, and browser changes i doubt before a patch, period.

It is all by design, meaning they WANT it this way so dont expect to see anything changed short of a few added menu options and lots of maps that the demo left out.

In the end i think itll still have a good amount of fun factor to play like it always has, but it will take getting used to, but man oh man, that menu system is so non-tech and cartooney...i mean it doesnt even go with the concept of the game itself (sci-fi)...it needed to be alot more high tech and sci-fi sort of like the Crysis demo menu system would have fit alot better graphically and functionally...but nope, they made it look like some sort of Atari console cartoon game for 12 year olds...go figure.

...and since when was it a good idea to REMOVE previous game modes instead of simply ADDING in new ones?...this game used to be known for having more game modes and menu options than any other fps out there..it was the most customizable game available but sadly now that has changed and alot of things will have to wait for mods (which im not typically a fan of.

So yes, im disappointed, just like many of you are...but for the love of humanity STOP waiting to hear whats been changed from demo to release because it simply isnt happening for the most part.

It IS what it IS in the demo, and thats it. Dont like the demo enough to keep playing it?, then talk with your wallets by not buying it because sitting here and wishing/waiting day after day will accomplish nada. You want things changed for the next release?..you want the next release to come in a year instead of 3?...then DONT buy this game...its that simple.
            Nice post and you're dead on.Part of the problem is that we are outnumbered.They seem to cater to the players who want it simple and easy.I want to pwn people now.Practicing to get good is hard and boring.

Originally posted by Insidiae View Post
            I also posted this in the thread which was on about the current menu system which (as many people think) needs a revamp, http://clanbase.ggl.com/news.php?nid=272660
            Several people have tested the full version of the game and talk about it.
            Good thing you didn't post that type of feedback here.

Originally posted by picKLes View Post
            Unless they change the major issues i.e. user interface, I may just stick with UT99. It sucks to say that because I really did think UT3 was a nice combo between UT99 and UT2K4. Though between the menus, no web admin, and some of the various other items, I can see myself getting very frustrated with the game.
            I already am because I've played the demo and too many retail owners are saying it's primarily the same thing.Looks like the most challenging and intense shooter out there just got knocked back down with the rest of them.Watered down moves,slow wep switch that encourage one weapon battles,stronger weapon damage have sucked the funnest parts of UT out.It's a simple point n click shooter now imho.It still has the potential for a modder to make it fun though.

Comment

Originally posted by picKLes View Post
              Yeah, it's too bad they can't just recall all of the game boxes, announce that the release of the PC version is being delayed, fix all of the major issues, polish it, stamp out new DVDs, and then release the full game at a later time.

However, I know that because the game's been released in Germany it's now impractical to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by unbecoming View Post
                Looks like the most challenging and intense shooter out there just got knocked back down with the rest of them.Watered down moves,slow wep switch that encourage one weapon battles,stronger weapon damage have sucked the funnest parts of UT out.It's a simple point n click shooter now imho.It still has the potential for a modder to make it fun though.
                My sentiments exactly.

Comment

You can find the latest update of my Q&A in my sig. If it needs more question or you know answers, pm me.

Comment

Ya that is a copy and paste from the pre-release party. I want to know if the changes Midway promised were actually delivered in the full retail "gold" version.
                    In fact it was a copy & paste from the german fansite day, summarized by lieb-clan and put up to beyondunreal.com.

I was there, too and some of those things might have only been the view of a few of us. I am not sure whether to agree to the hitbox stuff for example, since playing online in the demo gave me a crappy ping and playing vs. bots just isn't the same when aiming for the head as when playing vs. real players in a LAN.

So yes, we want real changes from the demo to the final gold version. (Seeing the bad translations gives me the feeling of a bronze version though )

Comment

Are we sure about the fact that we can change the view of the vehicle?

I read a fanday preview from french, the guys play it yesterday, and they cant change the view with the wheel of the mouse

Comment

New ones (confirmed):

Q: Changed weapon switch times?
                        A: No.

Q: Can you set the fov higher than 100?
                        A: yes to 120 but it´s same like the BETA, after every kill you have to set it new.

Q: Can you copypaste to console?
                        A: F10 is now Console! But no copy paste.

Q: Shock Combo damage is reduced?
                        A: Shock Combo damage IS NOT reduced. It is the same as in demo.

Q: Has Flak Cannon's arc changed?
                        A: No. :/

Q: Does the "preferences" command work in the console?
                        A: Command "preferences" does not work. Command name changed?

Some sort of demorec button: http://www.edu.lahti.fi/~ikarppin/demorec.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by unbecoming View Post
                          Do you realise your signature looks 3D on my monitor? The yellow writing seems to pop out with a lower channel in between the red/yellow writing... fascinating

BTW - cancelled UT3 CE pre-order today, i'm going to wait this one out because a couple of key issues don't seem to have been addressed so I'll wait for a patch before I buy, plenty of other games to enjoy at this time of year, so I agree with your signature (the UI/ergonomics issues not the gameplay ones) but only a minority will 'vote' in this way (though i'm not doing it vote, i'm doing it to not spend money on a product i'm not confident about even though I thought the gameplay in demo was decent). I have no problem with the core gameplay of the demo, or the lack of 'modes' that was something they wanted to do to stop dillution of players, the speed and weapons were to keep the game more instantly gratifying and in your face.. but the rest (fov, mouse, UI, Browser, nerfed console, lack of response to any thread etc) are why i'm waiting to see.

Comment

I have a couple of new questions:
                            Can you throw weapons?
                            There is no throw weapon button in configure controls menu.

WeaponThrow, ThrowWeapon, DropWeapon and WeaponDrop command do not work in console.

Comment

Do we know if there are actually 9 Necris vehicles, or only the 6 we already know of?

Comment

Is the impact hammer in the list of weapon priorities?
                                How about dual enforcers?

If you set the impact hammer to have a higher priority than the enforcer (either by UI or by .ini), will you spawn with it in hand?

Comment

Working...
                                X