Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Changes between Beta Demo and Full Release? Post question - Get answer!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
    Imo all the people that sit down and cry when told when the player model they used in UT# isn't in UT3 should grow up, come on people there are plenty of new once to pick from and you can even play dress up with their armor, you actually want Epic to delay the game a couple of months so they can re-make ever single UT1/2 char?
    Bonus packs anyone?

Comment

• Yes bonus packs will most likely feature some old and new characters, Malcolm and Xan are both very likely to appear in one, though it seems in the SP campaign you get a new char when you beat him/her, so you'll most likely have to fight one/both to get em, so the campaign story would have to be continued and involve one/both.

Comment

• I think Epic put less characters in because they were hoping that the fact that you can pretty much make your own characters with the character customization screen would make up for that fact, and it probably will. The only thing I'm worried about is how difficult that will make it for modders to add new characters.

Comment

• Should be quite easy, the INI files house all data surrounding each character and armor part, the character has defined faction, gender, default armor, description, character portrait, voice, head model file etc, each armor part has faction, gender, placement and the model file.

To make a new character you just need to make a head if you want to make em a member of the current factions, or make a new faction with the same armor as one of them, you need a head and a portrait for that, a voice and armor pieces if you want to make it a bit more original.

Comment

• Originally posted by KronDog View Post
            The game is great. Gameplay, which is the main ingredient, is near perfect. The grafx are insane (look at the planetunreal pic page). The menu needs work, and EPIC HAS EVEN ADMITTED THIS!! WHat more do you want?
            What's so great about the gameplay? It's the same as UT2k4's.

If I may speak for myself, I want decent sounds and taunts, better clipping for maps, be able to change the FOV, bots that won't stuck and aren't blind (UT99's were better lol), a Manta that doesn't own everything, Hellbender from 2k4 (at least that was useful), models that don't look like dolls, editable dodging (at least let me turn it off), editable headbob, more announcers etc. No, editing the .ini files isn't a proper solution thank you. Oh yes, I know, the next patch will solve EVERYTHING. That just rings a bell... *khm*this is a beta they'll change this and that in the final version so stfu*khm* Guess it doesn't work like that :P

Graphics and music are OK btw.

Comment

• im agred with the bad UI, but love the game ,

Comment

• Originally posted by N.M.I. View Post
                What's so great about the gameplay? It's the same as UT2k4's.
                LOL

UT2k4 was nothing like this. Shield gun + fairy jumps + LG/shock switches = you never had to engage the enemy. UT3, thankfully, brings back the DEATHMATCH feel.

And as for the models, sounds and taunts... that is all personal preference and not any kind of bug or issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by KewlAzMe
                  Q: Did they fix the lighting on the Flag when the round ends? Notice that the actual flag pole shadow moves with the "simulated flag wind".... why would the pole shadow move?
                  A: I've been playing the campaign and I see they did fix this. I assume it is fixed in multiplayer too.

Comment

• Sad, Sad, Sad to see that not much has changed form the beta.
                    Looks like more coding to do to this version of UT as well.

Come on Epic, WTF are you doing, fix these things, put back the spectate and bot config, etc like you said UT3 will be more like UT99, WEHRE?

Comment

• ut3 is perfection. any problem a person has with this game is not a problem with the game, but a problem with himself. only by admitting your own faults can you come to truly love unreal tournament 3 in all of it's perfection.

Comment

• Well perfection is a fun term.. but mutatable is the important thing.

Comment

• Nothing is perfect, not UT3 and not UT1.
                          UT3 is the closest to perfection currently available in this world :>

Comment

• Well its far from perfect.. but has potential... there are still a lot of bugs and it needs a few patches because it is obvious that midway forced epic to rush this out before christmas. But I think when Epic has time to finish the patches, we will have a very close-to-perfect game.

Comment

• Originally posted by N.M.I. View Post
                              Also, all of the models look like Pokemon cr4p, I couldn't find a decent one after going through all of them. The whole game feels childish. The graphics are good and that's the only positive change since UT2k4 and UT99.
                              Oh, glad I'm not the only one who thinks so. Chars' design really sucks.

Comment

• Has anything else come up with a workaround solution to the lack of a true pipe switchweapon command? Was that listed on the first patch? I don't remember.

I needs me's piping!

Comment

Working...
                                X