Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changes between Beta Demo and Full Release? Post question - Get answer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm almost positive flak secondary hasn't changed. Try this: load up Shangrila in demo, find a corner to put yourself in, orient your crosshair on a specific point and shoot. See where it lands.

Then fire up german retail and try the same thing. I've seen the test and there appears to be no difference, I think people are just adapting.

If anyone has some actual proof that says otherwise then ok, but the test I've seen shows they're the exact same. That and I'm not convinced sniper ROF is different, if it is, its SMALL.

Comment

i wanna see this

Comment

OMFG WTF!?!?!?!

- Sniper Rifle's rate of fire is faster.
        - No Malcom.
        - No changes for all the vehicules.
        - Stinger still unbalanced and Flak's arc maybe also still too high.
        - The annoying blur is still there.
        - No ping in the scoreboard.........

Seriously, Epic are f*cking losers. Looks like they don't give a sh*t about UT3 and hardcore UT players and only want to make money even if it means releasing a beta game.

Comment

Whoa! Whoa! Chill. Take a deep breath.
          You don't have to hand them any money.
          Whatever FPS you think is perfect, go play that. Even if it's the original UT. Go play it.
          Epic is aware of the mistakes and I am sure they're all really nice people.
          A potential solution is in the works.
          http://www.unrealna.com/forums/showthread.php?t=495

Comment

lookin at this list...what was the point of the beta feedback forum again?

there were numerous threads on multiple topics, were they just ignored?

Comment

Originally posted by L'enculeur View Post
              OMFG WTF!?!?!?!

- Sniper Rifle's rate of fire is faster.
              - No Malcom.
              - No changes for all the vehicules.
              - Stinger still unbalanced and Flak's arc maybe also still too high.
              - The annoying blur is still there.
              - No ping in the scoreboard.........

Seriously, Epic are f*cking losers. Looks like they don't give a sh*t about UT3 and hardcore UT players and only want to make money even if it means releasing a beta game.
              Go program your own really popular FPS, listen to what every player says, make the game absolutely perfect in every way, and see how easy and how fast you can get it done. Then come back and see if you really would want to complain. Things take a lot of time and care to program. If you ever programmed anything with a complex list of functions and had to make them all work together happily, you'd see that not only do you have to make some really serious changes, sometimes completely restructure code you just spent days on making just to fix one small bug or make one little tweak in it, but then you need to do extensive testing in many different ways on that code to make sure it not only works but it doesn't break something else later down the line.

Comment

I agree with ScuzzBuster - the game's gameplay more than makes up for it's lacking UI. All I really want to do is want the in-game interface to be passable, which it is, I love the overhaul they did with the HUD. The only big complaints I have are the lack of the impact hammer in the weapon priority list, and the lack of the score menu showing pings.

By the way, will we still be able to play with the demo character in the full game?

Comment

2 Q's from me...

Does the alarm from your base still sound when the other team's flag is taken? (It should only sound at the base where the flag is taken from am I right?)

and

Does the full game have a statistics screen similar to F3 (by default) in UT2004?

Comment

Hi... i have one question, in the first ps3 trailer.. we see othello figting a robot, in that video his dress shines a green ligt, but now it is a red ligt,...
                    can you chance the light in carecter costumization?...
                    sorry for bad english....

Comment

Originally posted by unreal_king View Post
                      Hi... i have one question, in the first ps3 trailer.. we see othello figting a robot, in that video his dress shines a green ligt, but now it is a red ligt,...
                      can you chance the light in carecter costumization?...
                      sorry for bad english....
                      No, he's red alright. Maybe if you'll join the green team in the future

Also, all of the models look like Pokemon cr4p, I couldn't find a decent one after going through all of them. The whole game feels childish. The graphics are good and that's the only positive change since UT2k4 and UT99.
                      It's a good game nonetheless if you're crazy about graphics / haven't played UT99 that much or you're between 9-15.

Comment

Originally posted by InvadrZIM View Post
                        lookin at this list...what was the point of the beta feedback forum again?

there were numerous threads on multiple topics, were they just ignored?
                        You think they have time in one month to make a bunch of fixes and still mass produce the game for retail? The Beta forum is for the first patch... the beta demo was probably made in August and many of their own changes were already made for the final release which probably was "finalized" before they even released the demo.

Just wait for the first patch.

Comment

Ok.. Some quick points out of the gate:
                          -weapons are definitely higher-res
                          -skins are definitely higher-res,
                          -graphics seem overall crisper, even in shangrila
                          -Flak cannon DOES arc higher out of the gun.
                          -Lots more taunts... actually pretty good too
                          -Campaign has some NPC actions like a robot working on a door that you have to disable with the impact hammer, and doors that you need to open using secondary shock rifle on the "shoot pad"
                          -They swear in the cut movies between levels
                          -In a campaign, God mode works, but loaded and allweapons and allammo do not seem to work.
                          -behindview 1 doesn't work in campaign either
                          -Powercores are awesome.. they ahve little panels that break off as it gets weaker, and one hell of a massive explosion.. tho that was in-game cut scene i think...
                          -Rocket lock-on doesn't seem shortened at all to me.

Bug:
                          Instant Action Warfare map.. Goto behindview1, then enable the hoverboard... player is floating 2 feet above hoverboard.

I'm must say I underestimated Epic with the poor quality of the demo... the full game is much much nicer

Comment

All the crying and thumb-sucking has got to stop. First off, feedback forums are known to be full of jackoffs and little kids. The people who take time to sit around and nitpick and ***** represent a VERY small portion of the fanbase.

Second, every single "bug" or issue with this game is easily fixed with a patch. You people think the BETA feedback forum was for anything you could think of but realistically it was for testing netcode and compatibility. Welcome to reality...

The game is great. Gameplay, which is the main ingredient, is near perfect. The grafx are insane (look at the planetunreal pic page). The menu needs work, and EPIC HAS EVEN ADMITTED THIS!! WHat more do you want?

Forums make me sick sometimes...

EPIC you should be happy with what you have achieved thus far. Thank you for keeping REAL DEATHMATCH STYLE FPS alive for the purists. Leave the pretty trees and shoddy gameplay to Crysis and CoD4 fanboys.

Comment

Well said KronDog.

Comment

Imo all the people that sit down and cry when told when the player model they used in UT# isn't in UT3 should grow up, come on people there are plenty of new once to pick from and you can even play dress up with their armor, you actually want Epic to delay the game a couple of months so they can re-make ever single UT1/2 char?

Comment

Working...
                                X