Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changes between Beta Demo and Full Release? Post question - Get answer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bazzwano View Post
    I have a question:
    When holding the enermy flag, does the blue/red glow on the player and the first person weapon to indicate you have the flag? It does for the orb but what about flags?
    A: Yes. There is red/blue glow which you can see on the ground next to you. Check the video to undersand what I mean: http://meep.1g.fi/ut3/verte.avi

Comment

Originally posted by Hypotenuse View Post
      What about the statement saying you can have first person in a Goliath?
      If that is the case then the answer needs to be more specific about which vehicles can actually do this.

Comment

I've asked the germanz and they all agree, can't change view in any vehicle, unless there is some bind they don't know about, you can zoom in some ofc but that's not really the same, and is most likely what caused the confusion in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Anaderson View Post
          A: Yes. There is red/blue glow which you can see on the ground next to you. Check the video to undersand what I mean: http://meep.1g.fi/ut3/verte.avi
          That was actually a no to me question... but thanks for the video to confirm

Comment

Q: Does vehicles / teammates show on minimap?
            A: No.
            no infantry but for example the LEVIATHAN. But this is the only vehicle showed on the mini map I think.

Comment

Friendly orbs and enemy orbs near one of your nodes are also visible on the map.

Comment

perhaps they will show up on ratemyorbs dot com

Comment

Still need an answer to the following questions:

Q: Is there "OnRelease" command?
                  A: YES, there is some onrelease command in input.ini already.

Q: Has Rocket Lock-on time been decreased?
                  A: yes. someone answer this already.. jut a little bit faster.

Q: Did they fix the lighting on the Flag when the round ends? Notice that the actual flag pole shadow moves with the "simulated flag wind".... why would the pole shadow move?

Q: Does UT3 have voice chat like in UT2k4?
                  A:yes, it's like the demo, 'transmit voice' under key config (so i guess there no team chat/public chat type of deal. 1 channel for all? need more info to confirm this)

Q: Will Malcom and Xan be unlockable? How can I unlock them?
                  A: NO, unless it's not in the ini.

Q: How do you disable white arrows in CTF?

Q: Is SLI properly supported?

Q: Are the teamskins more visible in DM/Close range with higher levels of post processing?

Q: Does the flags part work in the server browser?

Q: Any info on anti-cheat?

Q: Did they change the hitboxes?
                  A: as for headshot, YES, little smaller. and little lower...

Comment

Originally posted by greenplant View Post
                    Q: Will Malcom and Xan be unlockable? How can I unlock them?
                    A: NO, unless it's not in the ini.
                    Thought I read that there was an ini hack for this in this thread.

As well as the easier method of:
                    http://forums.epicgames.com/showpost...7&postcount=15

Comment

Yes, to unlock a total of 11 characters, none of which are Malcolm or Xan.

Comment

ah i see.

Q: Are admin commands like summon and god still disabled in UT3 for online games?

Comment

Are any of the bugs the community so carefully documented in the demo maps fixed?

-Symmetry errors in Suspense
                          -Shadows "shining through" brick walls in Heat Ray
                          -Incorrect reflections showing in the ice in ShangriLa
                          -Huge texture seams in Suspense's river

More (see relevant threads...)

Comment

In the demo, the taunt messages you see when pressing "V" doesn't match what the player says. Has this been corrected in the full version? It's annoying.

Comment

I'm having some real mixed feelings, though I don't necessarily agree that these features make it a harder sell against competing games. Epic really spoiled us with the robust features that UT99 had from the ground up...there was nothing comparable as far as how customizable and functional the game was from the UI. Not even Q3A, which was UT's closes competitor even held a candle to what you could do with it, unfortunately the series since UT99 has seen a decrease in the customizable features and functionality of the UI. Personally, I think the game sales are going to see ZERO impact from the state of the UI. Whether I buy a game or not is full dependent on the game play. I've never said to myself "I'll have to see what the menu interface looks like before I decide to buy it" about a game on any level, and as disgruntled as us spoiled, long-time UT community members have become, we have to admit that the vast majority feel the same... I've played enough Shooters (PC AND CONSOLE) over the past 8 years to tell you that ultimately, as much as I am disappointed with the Beta Demo's UI, I've seen worse...much much worse on Console and PC games.

On the other hand, I feel the game play is solid...in fact more than solid, **** near as good as UT99. In the long run, given the choice between in incredible in-game experience and a robust feature-full UI, I'll take the gameplay, I just hate having to make the choice, but I do at least feel that that Epic did put a lot of care and love into the game play itself. I DO want it all, 95% of what I was judging in the Beta was "Is the game fun to play on casual and competitive level?"

I think the answer to both of those questions so far as yes. Of course, gameplay morphs and develops over time as hardcore players learn more about the weapons and gameplay mechanics (you can see it in the demo community just in the few short weeks the game has been out).

Comment

Yeah, I have no problem with the game itself - the only negative things are somehow connected to the interface. I hope some patch(es) will fix it.

Comment

Working...
                                X