Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changes between Beta Demo and Full Release? Post question - Get answer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a question:
    When holding the enermy flag, does the blue/red glow on the player and the first person weapon to indicate you have the flag? It does for the orb but what about flags?

Comment

Shacknews has Epics commitment to update the UI a news story. Good news.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/49936

Comment

Q: Did they modify Sniper Rifle?
        A: Sniper Rifle's rate of fire is faster.

Does anyone know by how much? I'd hate to see the Sniper become effective for close range. That would be a big mistake imo.

Comment

Did they fix the audio problems? In HeatRay, e.g., sounds from the other side of the map would emerge from the wall near Shock and Helmet. In ShangriLa, sounds from Rox/JumpBoots would emerge from the DD pillar.

Comment

Originally posted by Taboen View Post
            Q: Did they increase the sound of the driving manta, to hear it coming?
            A: No changes were made to the manta.
            Q: Can manta still crush people when they crouch?
            A: No changes were made to the manta. ^^
            Gamekiller on both of those.

1. Manta needs more noise... should sound like a double helicopter! I mean cmon its got 2 spinning fan blades!
            2. Decrease speed. Its way too fast and maneuverable. A seasoned driver can easily reach Godlike, destroy a Goliath, Avoid missle locks, flatten everyone that he sees, quickly move side to side and backward to kill people that dodged out of the way. Then quickly fly back to a safe place, linkgun repair, and start over... It's too much. Manta should have less health, and I've yet to see anyone snipe a driver from the manta or any vehicle yet. Used to see it often in UT2k4. Now everything moves too fast.
            3. Decrease maneuverability
            4. Allow crouch and feign to avoid hit
            5. Allow jumping up with hoverboard to bounce off the top of it as if it were a ramp instead of insta-kill. (this goes for all vehicles that are low enough to hit with the front bottom part of your board.)

Comment

Q: Did they fix the lighting on the Flag when the round ends? Notice that the actual flag pole shadow moves with the "simulated flag wind".... why would the pole shadow move??! I think it might be because of the ambient light casting off of the flag itself, but it looks retarded.

Comment

any answers on the SLI-question?

is it properly supported?

Comment

Is there any confirmation on first person in vehicles? Any screenshots? What is the method to alter vehicle view distance? Thanks.

Comment

Has Rocket Lock-on time been decreased?

(from the deck video posted this appears to me to be the case, but I am not sure)

Comment

Originally posted by [404]Cham3l3on View Post
                      Has Rocket Lock-on time been decreased?

(from the deck video posted this appears to me to be the case, but I am not sure)
                      Oh yes! please tell me they decreased this time.

Comment

It would be worth clarifying, in the first post, that piped weaponswitching is not currently possible. om`gam's tip tells you how to set up multiple weapons on one key, but in UT3 you will always and only get the highest-priority weapon; you cannot switch back and forth between all the weapons on that key. This is crucially different from piped switching in UT2k4 or earlier, and far less useful.

Comment

There is no "OnRelease" command support?

I guess you could use some sort of advanced Alias or exec file to change the command each time

Comment

Originally posted by suibhne View Post
                            It would be worth clarifying, in the first post, that piped weaponswitching is not currently possible. om`gam's tip tells you how to set up multiple weapons on one key, but in UT3 you will always and only get the highest-priority weapon; you cannot switch back and forth between all the weapons on that key. This is crucially different from piped switching in UT2k4 or earlier, and far less useful.
                            That definitely needs to be clarified in the first post. It isn't pipeswitching at all if that's the case.

Comment

" Q: Can you change the view distance in a vehicle?
                              A: Yes!"

That's false.

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
                                " Q: Can you change the view distance in a vehicle?
                                A: Yes!"

That's false.
                                What about the statement saying you can have first person in a Goliath?

Comment

Working...
                                X