Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changes between Beta Demo and Full Release? Post question - Get answer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sharpfish View Post
    Do you realise your signature looks 3D on my monitor? The yellow writing seems to pop out with a lower channel in between the red/yellow writing... fascinating
    Sig hax man.It's gotta be like that or Epic doesn't see it.It must have made Flak dizzy because (s)he requested I change it.

Originally posted by Sharpfish View Post
    BTW - cancelled UT3 CE pre-order today, i'm going to wait this one out because a couple of key issues don't seem to have been addressed so I'll wait for a patch before I buy, plenty of other games to enjoy at this time of year, so I agree with your signature (the UI/ergonomics issues not the gameplay ones) but only a minority will 'vote' in this way (though i'm not doing it vote, i'm doing it to not spend money on a product i'm not confident about even though I thought the gameplay in demo was decent). I have no problem with the core gameplay of the demo, or the lack of 'modes' that was something they wanted to do to stop dillution of players, the speed and weapons were to keep the game more instantly gratifying and in your face.. but the rest (fov, mouse, UI, Browser, nerfed console, lack of response to any thread etc) are why i'm waiting to see.
    Yeah I canceled as well.I think I'll wait until post patch feedback even if it's 6 months down the road.Like you said,there's too many other good games out to deal with this beta right now.

Originally posted by Reise View Post
    Well said, people put so much on these issues that aren't even part of the actual gameplay.

The game isn't going to suck because of some menu issues or "Oh no I can't switch my weapons fast enough, have my fov change and my crosshairs neon green so aiming is easier!"
    It's called preferences and it makes the game more enjoyable for most to be able to customize a few things that have been in previous UT's.

Keep everything default if that's how u like it.So your customization of choice is default then.If the game came with tiny pink crosshairs,and a 120 default FOV,and a feature filled UI then you'd be where we are I suppose.Why does it bother you that some people do not like your configuration of choice?

Custom hairs and FOV are advantages lol.Sorry,nothing is an advantage so long as it is accessible to everyone.

Originally posted by BioHaZarD View Post
    u can make a bat file and try as ut3.exe server.ip.here?spectatoronly=1 or something
    Uhhh no.Should not have too.

Originally posted by Boogie4prez View Post
    important question:

is SLI properly supported?
    Very important question indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by unbecoming View Post
      It's called preferences and it makes the game more enjoyable for most to be able to customize a few things that have been in previous UT's.

Keep everything default if that's how u like it.So your customization of choice is default then.If the game came with tiny pink crosshairs,and a 120 default FOV,and a feature filled UI then you'd be where we are I suppose.Why does it bother you that some people do not like your configuration of choice?

Custom hairs and FOV are advantages lol.Sorry,nothing is an advantage so long as it is accessible to everyone.
      It's not that I like default customization and that's how it should stay, it's that you're complaining your level of customization isn't in the game. I agree it would be nice to have those things, but it's not killing the game for me. Complaining about it and canceling your preorder for things like that is entirely your choice, but it's trivial compared to the amount of content that is still in the game.

People come in saying "I'm not buying this, or I canceled my preorder" for problems that are almost totally based on opinion rather than actual game issues. Like I said that's their choice and it's their money, but it almost makes me feel glad we won't have people like that playing the game, who absolutely MUST have these things or they'll have a fit. It's like they're totally ignoring the rest and freaking out because there's a scratch on their new Viper.

And no, custom crosshairs and limited FoV changing aren't an advantage if everyone can use them. But there's probably a very good reason these things were left out, as they were used as exploits against other players in previous games. The same thing goes for weapon switch. Epic had to deal with balancing customization with fairness, and not just for PC players.

Comment

Originally posted by Reise View Post
        It's not that I like default customization and that's how it should stay, it's that you're complaining your level of customization isn't in the game. I agree it would be nice to have those things, but it's not killing the game for me. Complaining about it and canceling your preorder for things like that is entirely your choice, but it's trivial compared to the amount of content that is still in the game.

People come in saying "I'm not buying this, or I canceled my preorder" for problems that are almost totally based on opinion rather than actual game issues. Like I said that's their choice and it's their money, but it almost makes me feel glad we won't have people like that playing the game, who absolutely MUST have these things or they'll have a fit. It's like they're totally ignoring the rest and freaking out because there's a scratch on their new Viper.

And no, custom crosshairs and limited FoV changing aren't an advantage if everyone can use them. But there's probably a very good reason these things were left out, as they were used as exploits against other players in previous games. The same thing goes for weapon switch. Epic had to deal with balancing customization with fairness, and not just for PC players.
        Custom crosshairs as an exploit? I can't even see how badly FOV can be an exploit. What, Epic is forgetting that UT is a PC game by its nature? Everyone else (consoley fanb0ys) are the n00bs here; we shouldn't have to be the ones to suffer at their behest.

Comment

I don't like it either, but that seems to be the path they chose

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Anaderson View Post
            A: No they did not. It is exactly the same as it was in the ut3 beta demo, you can see it at the screenshots.
            But there is a little thing someone found: http://turtlegt.planetaclix.pt/ut3/ut3post.jpg
            That screenshot is fake, I made one too: http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ettingshk0.png

Advanced settings have not been implemented.

Comment

Q: Can you throw weapons?
              A: There is no throw weapon button in configure controls menu.
              WeaponThrow, ThrowWeapon, DropWeapon and WeaponDrop command do not work in console.
              Ctan: throw weapon is still desactivated, and there is no way to change this.
              Q: Can you set piped switch weapon binds?
              From unrealnorth.com:
              Originally posted by [om`gam
              ]Hi all, I know that the TDM guys out there are already wondering how there should be TDM without WeaponThrowing. Well, Weaponthrowing is available through ini-editing IF the mutator Weapon-Respawn is loaded. All you have to do, is modify the [Engine.PlayerInput] section of the UTInput.ini by adding a last line with your binding:

Bindings=(Name="Name of the Key, e.g. Spacebar", Command="ThrowWeapon")

for example to bind the function to SpaceBar:

Bindings=(Name="SpaceBar", Command="ThrowWeapon")

------------

The Weaponswitches are bound by aliases, e.g. GBA_Switchweapon6, so if you want to modify to multi-weapon-selection, you'd better edit the GBA_Alias instead of the binding of the key, for example

Bindings=(Name="GBA_Switchweapon6", Command="Switchweapon 5 | Switchweapon 6")

to select either Linkgun or Minigun. Please note: the last mentioned weapon that is available is taken, so if the line reads "Switchweapon 1 | Switchweapon 2 | Switchweapon 3 | Switchweapon 4 | Switchweapon 5" and you have all weapons, then you'll end up with linkgun after pressing the key.
              Q: Changed weapon switch times?
              A: No.
              There is a mutator that changes switch time.
              Q: Has Flak Cannon's arc changed?
              A: No. :/
              Wrong. Arc is 2k4-like in UT3 final.

Comment

Q: Can you throw weapons?
                A: There is no throw weapon button in configure controls menu.
                WeaponThrow, ThrowWeapon, DropWeapon and WeaponDrop command do not work in console.
                Ctan: throw weapon is still desactivated, and there is no way to change this.
                Thats wrong, it is working. just bind "throwweapon" to any key, for get it to work online, the server has to run the "weaponrespawn"-mutator

Comment

Thanks for the info guys.

Originally posted by 3leggedFreak View Post
                  There is a mutator that changes switch time.
                  Wrong. Arc is 2k4-like in UT3 final.
                  Could you be bit more spesific about weaponswitch mutator. Where is it? How do you set it on and so on. I have heard same kind of rumors about friendly fire mutator. Could someone give more info and screenshots?

Same thing goes to Flak Arc. Some people say you still have to aim to your feet in close combats. Where did you find your info 3leggedFreak? I would love to see it edited back to ut2k4 form.

Originally posted by darQ View Post
                  Thats wrong, it is working. just bind "throwweapon" to any key, for get it to work online, the server has to run the "weaponrespawn"-mutator
                  Does command setbind "button x" throwweapon work if the server is running with the "weaponrespawn"-mutator?
                  And command throwweapon also works in these "weaponrespawn"-mutator servers?

Comment

Originally posted by GG-Xtreme View Post
                    That screenshot is fake, I made one too: http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ettingshk0.png

OMG This is great Nice one!

Comment

Thanks for the info guys.

Could you be bit more spesific about weaponswitch mutator. Where is it? How do you set it on and so on. I have heard same kind of rumors about friendly fire mutator. Could someone give more info and screenshots?

Same thing goes to Flak Arc. Some people say you still have to aim to your feet in close combats. Where did you find your info 3leggedFreak? I would love to see it edited back to ut2k4 form.

Does command setbind "button x" throwweapon work if the server is running with the "weaponrespawn"-mutator?
                      And command throwweapon also works in these "weaponrespawn"-mutator servers?
                      Sorry, busy at work, but I think it was in this and this thread at un.

Comment

Originally posted by 3leggedFreak View Post
                        Sorry, busy at work, but I think it was in this and this thread at un.
                        I'm confused now.

Weapon throw is by default enabled in UT2004. You can use it without loading any mutators. Now it is said that you can only use it IF weapon respawn is on.

I've never used weapon respawn. Does this mean that from now on in order to use weapon throw, I will have to use a mutator in which weapons will not be available each time I spawn from a death unless the set time is reached? How the heck am I going to play a deathmatch game like that? I could understand for TDM, but for just DM, it makes no sense at all...???

Clarify please.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by GG-Xtreme View Post

omg lol

Comment

Originally posted by ajm786 View Post
                            I'm confused now.

Weapon throw is by default enabled in UT2004. You can use it without loading any mutators. Now it is said that you can only use it IF weapon respawn is on.

I've never used weapon respawn. Does this mean that from now on in order to use weapon throw, I will have to use a mutator in which weapons will not be available each time I spawn from a death unless the set time is reached? How the heck am I going to play a deathmatch game like that? I could understand for TDM, but for just DM, it makes no sense at all...???

Clarify please.

Thanks.
                            Gameplay depends on finding the right balance between a lot of things. For weapons that includes their placement, amount of ammo available and base strength of the weapon.

That's why when weapon respawn is deactivated, you can't "restock" your weapon by running over a spawn point again. Everyone can get weapons easily, but ammo is spare.

Now, weapon throwing has the potential of messing that up. You could throw your weapon away, pick one from a spawn-point and then pick up your old weapon again... and you'd have twice the amount of ammo.

Thus, weapon throwing should only be enabled when weapon respawn is activated. In that case, weapons are rare and you're rewarded with extra ammo if you manage to find a spawn point with a weapon in it.

I don't know why weapon throwing is now only available via an ini edit though. Perhaps because people might get confused/upset if they had it as a key-bind in the keyboard settings but then it wouldn't "work" unless they used the weapon respawn mutator.

Comment

Originally posted by ixiWildflowerixi View Post
                              Now, weapon throwing has the potential of messing that up. You could throw your weapon away, pick one from a spawn-point and then pick up your old weapon again... and you'd have twice the amount of ammo.
                              I'm all for gameplay balance, but this statement is simply not true. I play UT2004 LAN DM almost every single day. If I pick up a weapon and throw it away, regardless if I don't pick up another weapon, I am PROHIBITED from picking up that same weapon I just dropped.

If 10 guys, including me, on one map picked up a minigun, and then threw it down, including me, guess how many I would be able to pick up? NINE. I cannot pick up a weapon that I throw down. Period. The only, and I reiterate ONLY, time that I can do this is if an opponent of mine picks up the weapon I threw down, I dispose of (kill) him, and he drops that weapon. Then I am free to pick that weapon up again, thus gaining whatever ammo is left in the weapon.

Am I missing something here?

Comment

Originally posted by ixiWildflowerixi View Post
                                in UT2004 you cannot pick up the weapon which you have thrown, if you picked up same weapon somewhere already.

Comment

Working...
                                X