Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is wrong with the stinger, and how it should be fixed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is wrong with the stinger, and how it should be fixed.

As it is now in the Beta Demo, the stinger primary fire is completely overpowered because of it's long range and instant bullet travel. The secondary fire on the other hand, is too slow traveling to be used effectively. I think that in order to improve yada yada yada

Congratulations!!!!

You've reached the:

UT3 10 DAYS TO RELEASE SECRET CELEBRATION THREAD!!!!

In this thread, all (adult) visitors get free wine and cookies!!!

Everyone who is as excited as me for this game, please join in the festivities, please no telling anyone of this special place on the internets. There are only a few rules:

1. No excessive use of wine. (this one is very loosely enforced )
    2. No nakedness.
    3. All disputes will be settled with a 1vs1 Duel in ShangriLa.
    4. All visitors must be enthusiastic about Unreal Tournament 3.

Anything goes, as long as it follows those 4 rules. Please, make yourselves at home. Feel free to visit the bar, the 450-computer LAN which is currently running UT3 demo, and the cookie area.

*Pours a glass of wine, and settles down in the cookie area*
    *I can't wait for UT3!!!!!!*

*puts clothes back on* sorry my bad...

YAY UT3!

Comment

The stinger regular fire is fine and properly balanced. Dodging, jumping, and running is best to avoid it. Notice how much less often you get hit. Do that before calling it overpowered, noob.
      The stinger alt-fire is also fine. Best used in close quarters.

Comment

lol no cookies 4 u

Comment

/me wants beer 'n cookies

Comment

Aww **** I already burned my cloths in anticipation!

Comment

Lol, cute.

Comment

Bunnyhop + Rox = Win?

Comment

I love the new minigun... Really great... The fasting fire rate gives a great feel to the weapon... The only thing that I don't like it's not a bug, it's just that when you fire someone with the alt fire, they may stick to the walls... But it's hard do happen, so I don't see much people 'hanging around'. Usually, even if you shoot ducking or from below the person, the person do a small arch and fall to the ground, and end up stuck to the ground... And if they are close to the wall, the body falls to the ground, not flying towards the wall, and get stuck in the ground anyway... The fire should have a bigger impact so it would throw people a bit further :]

Comment

I've noticed in the asian level, when you use the minigun alt fire, the texture ripples...

Comment

what is happening ?????

NO COOKIES FOR U

Comment

I can has cookies?

Comment

Originally posted by otsego_amigo View Post
                          2. No nakedness.
                          My input is limited

Comment

Well I think the stinger......Oh wait never mind.

Comment

I agree that the alt-fire is incredibly difficult to kill with. One might argue that there's a proper way to use it, but still, leaving as it is would make it the only weapon in the game that is nearly useless for most people. I think it just needs to fly faster, or have a faster rate-of-fire, or something to make everyone want to use it as much as anything else.

(note: I also have minor complaints about the BioRifle's effectiveness as far as how many Primary blobs you need to hit someone with before they die, and how hard it is to do that with the way people move around)

Comment

Working...
                              X