Seeking clan leader and officers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeking clan leader and officers

Papa Tango Papa, a family of clans and online gaming community, is planning to set up an Unreal Tournament 3 clan.

We are currently seeking:

- 1 leader
    - 1 captain
    - 1 recruiter

This crew of 3 will be tasked with the responsibility of establishing Papa Tango Papa's Unreal Tournament 3 clan.

All 3 roles require previous experience participating in and/or running a clan.

If you are interested in these roles, please reply to this post.

If you would rather join us as a participant, please register at http://PapaTangoPapa.com.

In response to a question some people asked, here or on other forums:

"I'm not sure I can do this, but I would like to try. What will it take?"

As often, we find that time is a critical factor.

Will you have time to play?
    Will you have time to recruit clan members?
    Will you have time to tryout new recruits?
    Will you have time to handle the forums associated with this new clan?
    Will you have time to run the clan?

Obviously, you do not have to do all of this alone. You can surround yourself with and distribute tasks to people you trust.
    Yet, as leader, you will be where the buck stops.

Comment

*Your inability to compile all thoughts into one posting may defer the attention of many...

Lead by example, then many will follow.(Show that you guys own and people will join.)

*Also, it helps to have a home page that has good visibility. - Try to add a link to your forums, if any...

..I am not interested and will delete any private messages you send to me.

Sierra.Oscar.Romeo.Romeo.Yankee!

Golf.Oscar.Oscar.Delta.-Lima.Uniform.Charlie.Kilo!

Comment

Originally posted by wickedweasel View Post
        *Your inability to compile all thoughts into one posting may defer the attention of many...

Lead by example, then many will follow.(Show that you guys own and people will join.)

*Also, it helps to have a home page that has good visibility. - Try to add a link to your forums, if any...

..I am not interested and will delete any private messages you send to me.

Sierra.Oscar.Romeo.Romeo.Yankee!

Golf.Oscar.Oscar.Delta.-Lima.Uniform.Charlie.Kilo!
        Thanks for the advice.

Don't worry, I won't spam you with private messages.

Comment

Another answer to a question asked by people who considered this "offer":

"Who are you? What are you up to?"

All Papa Tango Papa clans operate under the following Code of Conduct & Rules:

http://papatangopapa.com/documents/C...ctAndRules.pdf

Please ensure you are OK with these before you decide if this is something worthy of your time.

Also, a little bit about the origins of Papa Tango Papa...Papa Tango Papa is "Plan To Play" spelled using the NATO phonetic alphabet. We used to be plan-to-play.com before we migrated to PapaTangoPapa.com. PapaTangoPapa.com itself is brand new, but we already have the foundation of a great community. People of all kinds, who respect each other and who go beyond the call of duty to make online gaming more entertaining, reliable and social. (This may sound like marketing, but it is in fact my sincere opinion.)

Again, the Papa Tango Papa community is still in its infancy. We started developing our infrastructure (Web site, forums, tools, etc.) at the end of September. Development is progressing fast, however.

Comment

My friend, I am a little confused.

I have read all the Codes of Conduct and I like... But would (If I got appointed leader) be running a clan named Pappa Tango Pappa? Or would the Clan be called something else, just run under all the rules of PTP?

Comment

Originally posted by Sir.Snipes View Post
              My friend, I am a little confused.

I have read all the Codes of Conduct and I like... But would (If I got appointed leader) be running a clan named Pappa Tango Pappa? Or would the Clan be called something else, just run under all the rules of PTP?
              I understand confusion and I clear it on a regular basis.

Papa Tango Papa is a family of clans and an online gaming community.

It is not the name of a clan. It is not the name of a cult.

If you were to become the Leader of this upcoming clan, you would pick a name of your choice.

Papa Tango Papa and those who make Papa Tango Papa run would provide you with tools to build, organize and structure the clan.
              In any case, Papa Tango Papa was not created to steal anyone's credit or spoil anyone's merit. Papa Tango Papa was created to make online gaming better. We want people to declare: "I never had this much fun playing online!"
              This is obviously in contrast with the following declaration: "I played this game online and I had to put up with a bunch of idiots who didn't know the first letter of "teamwork" and kept acting like jerks for any or no reason at all."

Comment

Well I'm not too good at making and maintaing websites, although I can maintain a forum pretty easily.

Anyways I've been throwing arround idea's in my head for a clan but never acctually got round to going full force and making a website and forum for it. Maybe Papa Tango Papa can help get it up and running?

If the clan was made it would be called Blood Hounds and the abriviation for the clan would be >>>B.H.<<<. The clan would be frequently involved in lots of fun activities be it in game or on the forums. And most of all I would have organised clan wars with other clans... The way UT is meant to be played, with teamwork!

So where do I sign up and apply as a leader my friend? I am looking forward to this.

EDIT:
                First of all I use a PC to play Online on UT3, is that a probolem?
                Secondly; I am from England (U.K.), and when signing up I only get a choice of American (Given
                the exception of Honolulu) times. Do I have to be American to have a clan under PTP?

Comment

What do you need a UT3 clan for? Shouldn't a new clan be founded by members of your own community? Is Papa Tango Papa some sort of a business that needs to have a UT3 clan for some reason?

Comment

Originally posted by Sourpuss View Post
                    Is Papa Tango Papa some sort of a business that needs to have a UT3 clan for some reason?
                    It's the name of two dancing potatoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sourpuss View Post
                      What do you need a UT3 clan for? Shouldn't a new clan be founded by members of your own community? Is Papa Tango Papa some sort of a business that needs to have a UT3 clan for some reason?
                      Bingo! Papa Tango Papa is planning to take over the world!

No, seriously, Papa Tango Papa is not a business, it's an experiment.

We need people with experience participating in and running clans in order to discover new ways to make online gaming better.
                      Our own community, as you put it, is less than 2 months old and very small. We have a nice bunch of people, but we need experience and structure to channel their energies and excitement.
                      We would be fools to claim building and running clans is an easy thing.

My personal interest in this is two-fold: 1) Avoid playing with random strangers, according to the boring run-shoot-get shot-rinse-repeat drill, 2) Have fun developing tools that make it easier for clans to operate.

Thanks for the question.

Comment

Working...
                      X