So my mouse glitches in fps games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So my mouse glitches in fps games?

Hi all. Ive got a MX revolution mouse. Very happy with it. Had it for about a year.

Lately its started acting wierd in fps games, like UT03 and TF2.

Sometimes the input just seems to stop, and I cant move the mouse in x or y. Nor use the buttons, it lasts for maybe 0.5 sec (enough to totally screw you upp).

Sometimes the inout of mouse 1 stucks, it continues to fire untill the glitch stops.

This only happend at low batteries at first. But now it happens all the time.

Its gotten worse over time, and after doing mouse tweeks in ini file seems even more worse..

Thing is in windows it acts perfectly normal..

so is it software or hardware related`?

anyone got an idea?

yeh, i've noticed that too. it sometimes glitches for me too. Just long enough for the other guy to get that shot it -_- and in windows it works fine and dandy, also.

Comment

Well I get like 3 sec glitches sometimes. I can run but I cant turn...

its not like it laggs or anything. input just totally stops for 0.5sec-3sec, 3sec stops are rare though.

Comment

I had an MX518 that was acting up on me, I started noticing problems while in windows as well, it would disconnect from the computer, then reconnect and then my mouse sense was all screwed up, started doing it a lot.

I called logitech about it and they sent me a new one, works great now.

Comment

mx revolution isn't a gaming mouse :P

but I know, it still shouldn't be acting like that.

Comment

Ive heard about logitechs awesome warranty so Im not to concerned about getting a new one. However I hope I dont have to send it for repairs what to play with then??

Im going to the shop where I bought it this afternoon. Wanted to know if someone else had any ideas wether it was hardware related.

edit: Yeah I know it isnt a gaming mouse :P But my parents gave it to me. I aint buying a new mouse more suitiable for gaming, its good enough. And the wheel is awesome on it. I also love the way it lies in your hand.

Comment

I've used one Logitech until my boys spilled soda on it, and I replaced that with yet another Logitech, which I use now. I've never seen this issue before in any game.

I used a Logitech MX 1000 (I think) and now a $10 Logitech mouse that I bought from Fry's that I can't tell what model it is. But both of them were relatively inexpensive. I have a hard time believing more expensive/higher-end Logitech mice would perform worse than mine. And they perform pretty good.

It might not be specific to those mice, but another problem entirely. Just throwing that out there. I run a WinXP Pro with the latest drivers, and did not install any Logitech software onto my PC.

Comment

logitech need a good warranty as they use such low quality parts in their mice. Great buissiness model that. Use cheap parts, Overcharge to make it look high end and cover the cost of all those replacements, replace stuff with no questions asked if anyone phones up and get a good rep for customer service instead of a bad rep for the low quality of the product! Genius.

I'm on my 3rd mx1000 in 2 years and it's already going wrong. If anyone knows of another mouse made by someone else that has that great button layout I'd love to know about it.

Comment

TBH I rather have good warranty then good quality as long as it doesnt fall apart in one week.

Everything starts to get rusty after 2-3 years anyway, or outdated..

Thanks to logitech and the dealer in sweden anyway. It might have been a battery issue but I got a new mouse.

Comment

This has started happening to me, (I use a Logitech G5)

However my PC is almost on the way out (Notebook, dont want to try and repair it... Not worth it) So I've just been guessing the CPU is having trouble with mouse tracking.

Comment

only problems with the mouse is when i turn then my fps lag terribly sometimes, probably not an issue with the mouse tho lol

Comment

Originally posted by btcomm View Post
                        I had an MX518 that was acting up on me, I started noticing problems while in windows as well, it would disconnect from the computer, then reconnect and then my mouse sense was all screwed up, started doing it a lot.

I called logitech about it and they sent me a new one, works great now.

Yup, I've got the exact same problem with my G5, I need to RMA it some time this week.
                        Annoying though, because I had the same problem about 6 months ago and had to RMA that G5 too, and the MX310 I had before that - it seems a common problem with Logitech mice. :/

I keep using Logitech, because they keep replacing the same shoddy mouse, but I won't be paying for another one any time this ever..

Comment

Originally posted by Xan View Post
                          I'm on my 3rd mx1000 in 2 years and it's already going wrong.
                          What's wrong about it and what was wrong with your older once? I've had mine since they came out, 3 or 4 years ago and it's fine.

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
                            What's wrong about it and what was wrong with your older once? I've had mine since they came out, 3 or 4 years ago and it's fine.
                            1st 2 had microswitch failures in the left button and this one has a failing battery which only holds enough charge for 1 day and the wheel is intermittently losing function on the button and rotate.

Comment

Guess mine was made on a Tuesday.

Comment

Working...
                              X