Force DX10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Force DX10?

For some reason running the beta demo, it "appears" to run in DX9, according to my OSD. I have the allowd3d10 set to true in the utengine file, but I believe it is still running under DX9. I can run COD4, Crysis, and Enemy Territory in DX10 and was wondering why I'm not getting the same results in the demo?

P.S. Yes I am running Vista, and I have an 8800GTS, so it's not my hardware otherwise the other games wouldn't work in DX10 either.

Pure speculation: Maybe there is no DX-10 support in the demo.

Comment

I heard was DX10 did nothing except enable AA?

Comment

In Gears of War, there is ABSOLUTELY NOT A PIXEL DIFFERENCE between DX 10 and DX 9, but for some reason there is less performance under DX 10. The only benefit for DX 10 in Gears is that you can use AA, you can't do AA in DX 9 (at least with current nVidia drivers.) Many people have said there isn't a DX 10 path in the demo, but tbh, even with the full game, I doubt it would matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Drintion View Post
          In Gears of War, there is ABSOLUTELY NOT A PIXEL DIFFERENCE between DX 10 and DX 9, but for some reason there is less performance under DX 10. The only benefit for DX 10 in Gears is that you can use AA, you can't do AA in DX 9 (at least with current nVidia drivers.) Many people have said there isn't a DX 10 path in the demo, but tbh, even with the full game, I doubt it would matter.
          I've seen the comparisons, and I see a difference. It's very subtle, certainly nothing to buy a new OS or video card for, but the difference is there.

Comment

Actually you can do AA in dx9 by forcing a profile

Comment

I didn't think that DX10 was in the UT3 demo, just like it wasn't in the Crysis beta a while back. Also et:qw doesn't do dx10.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhou View Post
                Also et:qw doesn't do dx10.
                Seriously? Huh? Then why would they give this away free with the 8800GT SC cards? I have two copies both courtesy of EVGA ... so why would they include a game that doesn't even take advantage of DX10? Interesting.

Comment

When I was on Vista I thought I saw different effects, like Light coming through the trees in Shangrila at the shockrifle/helmet, maybe I didn't notice that in XP. But it could also be a DX10 effect

But something I really noticed that I had about 15 FPS less :E

Comment

Working...
                  X