UT3 INI startup prompt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 INI startup prompt

Please excuse my ignorance if this has already been brought up. Whenever I start the demo now, the game prompts several times that my INI files are not up-to-date and if I want to backup my current INI files before it updates them. Has anyone else seen this with their demo startup?

I've gotten it all week. I backed up my INIs manually and let it do it. First, it doesn't seem to create any backups on it's own. Second, it seems to put all of the files back to default. if there are updates in the files, I didn't notice it upon casual inspection.

I put my old INIs back and have been clicking "No to all" ever since. If anyone explains what they changed that makes it worth while, I'm willing to do it. But with no explanation I'm not re-adjusting all of my settings.

Comment

ditto.

Oddly, I just started getting that msg out of the blue. I don't mind the nag with the demo but I sure hope I don't have to face this with the retail...

Comment

I got it, but didn't notice any changes.

Comment

Yeah, I've gotten it every time since I tweaked my ini. I say "No to All".

Comment

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=582363

Backing up the .inis, clicking yes to all, then rewriting the new ones with the backed-up versions seems to fix it from what i can gather.

[edit] Or maybe not, just tried. Just say "No to all" each time like mentioned in the threads. Come the full version we don't have to worry about it, at least until march...

Comment

Thanks but that was the first thing I tried actually. But I still get the msg after writing over with my older inis.

Comment

FIX:

1. Backup old copies.
                2. Make current copies not readonly if not already.
                3. Start game, yes to all
                4. Exit game properly, (not console and exit/quit, don't update inis afaik)
                5. Search for these lines in new copies:

[IniVersion]
                0=xxxxxxxxxxx.000000
                1=xxxxxxxxxxx.000000

6. Replace the backup version of these lines with the new entries
                7. Replace the rest of the content of new version with backup version.
                8. Start game and remake inis readonly if you normally do.

Comment

why do you say March?

Comment

Originally posted by THORB4 View Post
                    why do you say March?
                    It's when DST comes into effect again.

Comment

ah thanks for the fix Ickle. That's every ini...

I think I'll deal with "No to All" until retail comes out

Comment

Yes, it's quite a little irritation. I finally let the darned thing overwrite my INIs and then changed the settings back manually but I still get the message every time I start up the game.

Comment

I don't understand why epic even built this into the game, why would they do that?

The time change means your ini's are outdated? How do they figure that?

Comment

DST has nothing to do with it. The ini config thing came up before the change.

Comment

It came up for the Europeans when we changed back our clocks, and for the americans when you did, doubt it's a coincidence.

Comment

Working...
                              X