Mac / Linux Virgins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac / Linux Virgins

So, we have info on xbox, ps3, PC... but none that I am aware of for our Mac / Linux versions (except a now missing statement that it would be released soon after the PC version).

Mark / Epic, can you guys throw us a bone please?

thanks!
    Donovan

I thought they'll also release a linux version like they did for UT2004.

I think it's great that such a big game (size, name, community) releases for linux. Unlike Valve.

Comment

Oh yea, I know Ryan is hard at work on these, but my point is that we have had official announcements concerning release dates or at least intentions etc... on all the other platforms except Mac..

I just think Epic could say a word or two regarding this.

Donovan

Comment

well just for a taster it runs really nice (allbeit at 800x600) in boot camp XP on leopard, been getting fps up 80 now (strange thing is it seems to be getting higher the more i play it) but looks good so i am expecting the same results maybe quicker on the UB version. and thats just the stock 7300gt card (dual4core xeon 3ghz)

has got me thinking that as the 7300 cards run in XP with full nvidia control panel access they must have the pc bios on them, so could that mean we could start using PC 8800gt's?

Comment

I love the beta (for PC :S), but as asked in the first post, I was wondering as well. It seems that even with the holiday sales due just 7 weeks away(due as it, will have to be bought in time for:. ), without information no one will get the Mac version.(Family has been asking me concurrently for the last few weeks about which games I would like, yet I cannot tell them when and where if its not even posted anywhere)

I understand that it will be a bit later, but with no (commericial [such as online stores, main page of Epic, etc]) reassurances, currently it feels like the Mac version doesn't even exist.

If this trend continues, companies won't sell mac versions, thus will feel that trying in the future is a losing endeavour, even though mac users love their games.

Comment

"Mac / Linux Virgins"

I think somebody had something else on the brain when they created this topic

Comment

Originally posted by ViperGrendal View Post
              "Mac / Linux Virgins"

I think you had something else in mind when you read the topic title.

Comment

Originally posted by Jocked View Post
                That being so I still wasn't the one that created the topic.

Comment

I think I read that they will release a download that lets you install UT3 on Linux using the Windows DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by Kea View Post
                    I think I read that they will release a download that lets you install UT3 on Linux using the Windows DVD.
                    I sure hope it's something similar, I don't want to buy the game twice just because I'm switching to Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by ViperGrendal View Post
                      "Mac / Linux Virgins"

It is a fairly common parody in the coding world (I guess it can be a "parody").... the more common one, when a "new version" comes out, is said to be a "nude virgin".

Donovan

Comment

I'm here for the virgins.

Comment

btw, do you think the Mac version will be like the Linux version, in which you require the Windows boxset and use a downloadable Mac installer?

Comment

Originally posted by Jocked View Post
                            i know you are but what am i?

Comment

Originally posted by Vitality15 View Post
                              btw, do you think the Mac version will be like the Linux version, in which you require the Windows boxset and use a downloadable Mac installer?
                              No, the Mac version will have it's own box. It's being released by a different publisher.

Comment

Working...
                              X