Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UK National UT3 Championships

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    UK National UT3 Championships

    EnemyDown.co.uk were one of the first organizations to provide a download location for the demo.

    We were also one of the first people to have hosted UT3 servers up and running for the demo and while we are talking about firsts do not forget that EnemyDown.co.uk is the first site to offer Global Ranking Stats!

    When it comes to UT3 we seem to be setting a bit of a precedent, so why stop there? EnemyDown.co.uk is proud to announce that we will be running two launch tournaments in partnership with play.com and Midway. The tournaments will be UK based. There will be a single player tournament which will have a fantastic prize pot of £20,000, and a team based tournament which will command an impressive £30,000 prize pot.

    In order to take part in the UT3 tournaments you MUST pre-order and purchase a copy of the game from play.com. You will receive a unique registration code which will be required to confirm your entry into the tournaments. That one unique registration key can be used to enter both of the tournaments if that is your desire.

    These tournaments will be decided at a LAN in March, 2008. The venue is currently top secret so you will have to watch this space for that announcement.

    Don’t forget, to qualify for the competition you MUST have bought your copy of UT3 from play.com so if you have it pre-ordered elsewhere now is the time to cancel that order and visit play.com to be in with a chance to win.
    If you are in the market for that something extra special you can also pre-order the Limited Edition version and receive an entry code

    You can signup for EnemyDown.co.uk and find out a little more about these competitions on the information page.

    #2
    Why would someone cancel their order to do business with you guys?... Just to play in a tournament at an unknown and possibly out of reach location?
    Advertising for play.com.
    I dont know about the deals you guys got going on in the UK but......



    I preordered from ebgames/gamestop.com as they are giving copies of unreal anthology(Unreal Game series compilation) and an ingame character with every preorder of any edition.

    http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?p...%5Fid=B647210A
    http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?p...%5Fid=B646503A
    http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?...%5Fid=B647210A
    http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?...%5Fid=B646503A
    [shot]http://www.ebgames.com/common/images/lbox/b647210ab.jpg[/shot][shot]http://www.gamestop.com/common/images/lbox/b646503ab.jpg[/shot]

    Comment


      #3
      Sounds like a pretty weird deal... there'll be plenty of LANs when the game's out anyway, so I'm not worried about not getting an invite to that one.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by mauser View Post
        ...advertising...
        I am sure the Server hosting company I am an admin for will beat that.
        For UT2004 we host the Server with the most matches played. And we are aiming for that in UT3 too.
        We held 6 leagues for UT2004 that were open to everone for free (and people said, that they were very well organized)... ...the winners won a game-server for a period of time.

        But I am not telling the name here, because advertising is not well recieved here. We can do without that.

        Comment


          #5
          Good luck with the tournament by the looks you are going to need it. A few things that I see wrong with it is:

          1, Its only for UK players
          2, You HAVE to buy the game from play.com
          3, There are plenty more competitions coming which dont have over the top entry requirements.

          I really hope that you can make this tournament a success, but really its to limited which is a shame.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
            I am sure the Server hosting company I am an admin for will beat that.
            For UT2004 we host the Server with the most matches played. And we are aiming for that in UT3 too.
            We held 6 leagues for UT2004 that were open to everone for free (and people said, that they were very well organized)... ...the winners won a game-server for a period of time.

            But I am not telling the name here, because advertising is not well recieved here. We can do without that.
            I will do it for you: JOLT.

            Comment


              #7
              w00t i can enter.
              PLEASE dont make the lan thing on the 14th-17th of march, Im in sweden then!

              Comment


                #8
                At any rate, it is nice to see Midway support the game. Hopefully it will continue, and not just in the UK.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Scorp View Post
                  Good luck with the tournament by the looks you are going to need it. A few things that I see wrong with it is:

                  1, Its only for UK players
                  2, You HAVE to buy the game from play.com
                  3, There are plenty more competitions coming which dont have over the top entry requirements.

                  I really hope that you can make this tournament a success, but really its to limited which is a shame.
                  I agree for the most

                  2 and 3 are bang on, and the biggy is if they try and compete with exsisting Lan dates... it will be very sad for the game overall... or cancelled for lack of interest.

                  I ant ordered a copy yet But would not order from there anyway

                  sorry

                  Comment


                    #10
                    It's not only for UK players according to the site, it's just the lan will be in the uk and play.com is primarily uk. (afaik)

                    Comment


                      #11
                      lol muppets -a publicity stunt for a comp wtf do people think we are that stupid - btw i am pre ordered from play but maybe not all my team so if my clan cant compete in a pub stunt think ill wait till somethin better comes along.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        People on these forums always sh*t on competitions and tournaments. I know why, but I know I'll get alot of people mad if I say it, so I won't. I'll only say that Prounreal would be a better place to post this, as the players over there are generally of a higher caliber than the ones here.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          if u dont like competative gaming related topics dont click on it? same as i dont click on a topic which are like "i wanna make my own shoulderpads!............" or ...... u get what i mean :>

                          anyway, very nice tournament here! over 100.000 dollar pricemoney.... very nice!... i dont see anyone else doing a big tourney like this.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            It's an interesting move and good for the community overall that Midway seem to be supporting such competitions. I just hope the lan finals dont conflict with i33 which is also scheduled for March.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by ADiTheMAN View Post
                              if u dont like competative gaming related topics dont click on it? same as i dont click on a topic which are like "i wanna make my own shoulderpads!............" or ...... u get what i mean :>

                              anyway, very nice tournament here! over 100.000 dollar pricemoney.... very nice!... i dont see anyone else doing a big tourney like this.
                              I never said I didn't like them, in fact, I'm very for comp gaming. read my post again.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X